/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc found!
Posted By: DeChiefDate: 4/23/16 1:20 a.m.

Alright guys, some potentially exciting news; I just got my hands on the seemingly incredibly rare discs from the Japanese version of the Marathon Trilogy Box Set. A friend of mine on another gaming forum linked me to an auction on Rakuten Auctions, a Japanese auction site, and wanted me to bid on it in order to dump the map collection disc, as he believes it may hold net maps that are different to those included in the American/Western release.

So my question is: how on Earth do I go about dumping this disc? I had a quick look at the files on my Win8 laptop and as expected, they were all in unreadable formats. However I do have a PowerMac 7200/90 sitting in the closet, so what program/s should I use to get the data off correctly?

I took some screenshots of one of the folder trees, Marathon>Net Maps>Alien which can be seen below. Does anyone know if this looks different to what's on the American/Western trilogy map collection disc?

http://imgur.com/a/dKyoz

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc found!DeChief 4/23/16 1:20 a.m.
     Re: Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc fouGeneral-RADIX 4/23/16 3:24 a.m.
           Re: Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc fouDeChief 4/23/16 6:09 a.m.
     Re: Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc fouHopper 4/23/16 4:31 p.m.
           Re: Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc fouDeChief 4/23/16 10:00 p.m.
           Re: Trilogy Box - Japanese Map Collection Disc fouDeChief 4/23/16 11:35 p.m.
                 Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy Disc *LINK*DeChief 4/23/16 11:38 p.m.
                       Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiLion O Cyborg 4/24/16 7:40 a.m.
                             Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiDeChief 4/24/16 1:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiLion O Cyborg 4/25/16 6:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiDeChief 4/25/16 2:02 p.m.
                                               Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiLion O Cyborg 4/26/16 5:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy Di *NM* *LINK*DeChief 4/27/16 4:02 a.m.
                       Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiHopper 4/24/16 7:37 p.m.
                             Re: Download for the Map Collection and Trilogy DiDeChief 4/24/16 10:34 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.