/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Help me understand Pfh'Joueur
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 2/10/16 7:32 a.m.

First: a functional A1 port, albeit for an older version of A1. This thread will involve spoilers, so if you haven't played Pfh'Joueur yet, you might wanna check that out.

--

--

So, while I think I can get my head around the stuff involving Pfh'Joueur himself (Durandal copies the SO's neural patterns to have someone keep track of things while the Rozinante does the time warp, Joueur acts as a liaison/mission control for the SO, he annoys Durandal into shutting him out of comms, he goes Rampant not too long before Durandal heads off for another planet in the system the crew's in, Durandal temporarily puts him into stasis, Joueur merges with another Rampant [Melancholic] AI named Tal'Sen and stabilizes), it's the alien stuff that's tripping me up.

Are D'Hara's people meant to be the Jjaro? They're heavily involved with the S'pht, the S'pht seem to revere/be revered by them, there's mention of Yrro and Pthia--but then in the final level, you're rescuing people who were abducted in 2000, and I'm not sure if that's still the work of the Jjaro/D'Hara's folks (who appear to be Grey Aliens and have UFOs).

I wouldn't go so far as to call the plot a "fever dream" (like someone on the Pfhorums did), but it's still tripping me up. Can anyone who's played it/is familiar with the story offer some pointers?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.