/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

What the UESC was up to after the Marathon launche
Posted By: adamanDate: 2/3/16 4:28 a.m.

Hi guys,

I've thought about this a lot, and I'm honestly not sure if there's anything canon about it. My understanding is that the Marathon and Earth were basically out of contact with one another. I'm sure they exchanged a few messages, but given that the message Leela sends to Earth takes 98 (?) years to arrive, they're not chatting much. In the official Marathon trilogy, all we see of humanity and the UESC is really 300 years old – I would assume that technology on Earth advanced much more rapidly than it did aboard the Marathon.

And I suppose that, given that no other humans ever showed up at Tau Ceti, the UESC did not in the meantime develop FTL drives. So the UESC has no FTL technology, at least at the time of Marathon 1.

So does the UESC only acquire FTL technology when Robert Blake and the Tau Ceti survivors arrive at Sol in the Hfarl?

Or is there some way the UESC could have serious FTL technology, but not have gone to visit Tau Ceti (or even beat the Marathon to Tau Ceti)?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What the UESC was up to after the Marathon launcheadaman 2/3/16 4:28 a.m.
     Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauLion O Cyborg 2/3/16 5:08 a.m.
     Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauGeneral-RADIX 2/3/16 7:26 a.m.
           Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauDurandal_1707 2/3/16 8:10 a.m.
                 Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauForrest of B.org 2/3/16 9:33 a.m.
                       Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauDurandal_1707 2/4/16 10:50 p.m.
                             Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauGeneral-RADIX 2/5/16 1:40 a.m.
                             Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauForrest of B.org 2/5/16 8:12 a.m.
                                   Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauLion O Cyborg 2/6/16 4:03 a.m.
                                   Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauDurandal_1707 2/6/16 8:01 a.m.
     Re: What the UESC was up to after the Marathon lauRoland 2/3/16 7:35 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.