/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: Game of Death and Repository Nin
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 12/28/15 6:18 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: Game of Death and Repository Nine (VikingBoyBilly)

Four Juggernauts? Just one of those is a right pain in the arse to deal with...

Haven't got much to say on Cosimo, other than that he's a very suspicious character. Is he in league with the Pfhor, as Durandal_1707 suggested? Is he hiding in the shadows and directing Vincent* towards some pre-made tests to see if this strangely-armoured super-human can succeed where normal folks have failed? Is he a ghost? Cosimo appears to have no bearing on the overall plot unless we're meant to analyze him thematically, or something.

Now, I missed the actual reveal back in R7 that Copy!Tycho had merged with Copy!Vince, since I was trying to avoid TI spoilers. I gotta say, while I did know that Tycho would merge with SOMEone, I wasn't expecting such clever use of the pattern buffers' stored data.

Kinda makes you wonder if there's any AIs directly built upon leftover patterns--the capacity for sentience is already there, so that's about half the work already done. (Not that it's a good idea, mind. Hathor of Eternal wasn't yanked out of a PB, but still demonstrates the hazards of making AIs out of people) Also makes you wonder why only TI did this.

One thing I find odd, though, is that the S'pht refer to this entity as "Tycho/Marine", not "Tycho/[the SO's actual name]"--and I find it highly unlikely that they never learned his name in all the years they've been working with him.

(* my name for the SO, used here 'cuz I felt like it)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Game of Death and Repository NineVikingBoyBilly 12/28/15 7:39 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Game of Death and Repository NinHokuto 12/28/15 8:01 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Game of Death and Repository NinDurandal_1707 12/28/15 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Game of Death and Repository NinGeneral-RADIX 12/28/15 6:18 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.