/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenario
Posted By: HopperDate: 11/1/15 8:07 a.m.

In Response To: Marathon Forever, a JP scenario (General-RADIX)

Aleph One can only display terminals in Western languages -- it's hardcoded to expect MacRoman text in the map file. The Japanese community maintains its own fork of Aleph One hardcoded for Shift-JIS instead. You'll need a Japanese Aleph One to show the terminals correctly. (I hope to remedy that one day, but my to-do list is long and my spare time is short.)

You can grab a ZIP from my site which has:

The map in a format suitable for Aleph One. Note that the terminal text is still gibberish (because of the above problem), and one of the pictures is in a format Aleph One can't read, so you'll see "Picture 101 not found!" errors.

An Infinity shapes file with the shapes patch applied. All it does is copy the Jjaro scenery ship into the Water set, so you can skip it and not miss much.

The terminal texts, dumped from Atque and converted to UTF-8, for future translation efforts (or for copying into Google Translate).

The documents and web pages from the original download, converted from Shift-JIS to UTF-8.

I played a little of it while putting this together. The architecture looks decent, but I gave up after a few unfair ambushes.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/29/15 2:15 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioBob-B-Q 10/30/15 9:06 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/30/15 10:19 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/30/15 2:39 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioBob-B-Q 10/31/15 8:55 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/31/15 9:02 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioHopper 11/1/15 8:07 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 11/1/15 10:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.