/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

A theory I have on Marathon: Fell
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 10/25/15 1:38 p.m.

Might as well cross-post this and hope there's not an ancient, search-engine-evading forum post that makes a wash of this topic.

ctrl+v: "So, I went through all of Marathon: Fell’s terminals with DTB [NOTE: the only Mac we own, an eMac, can't seem to run Infinity]. I mentioned that I had suspicions about Balapoel and Parael, the scenario’s main AIs, and I don’t think that there’s anything in-story to contradict them (though I might’ve misread things).

My theory is as follows: At the start of Fell, Balapoel informs you, the Commander of the UESG Tethys, that you are a walking temporal anomaly–you were supposed to die in an accident, but some other chump bit the dust in your stead. Later on, you meet Parael, who tells the Commander that Balapoel is a former human and a criminal.

What I suspected was that Balapoel was the Commander from the 'correct' timeline, and that Parael was the guy who died in the other one (hence, when I gave them android vessels, I mirrored their insignias). Fell doesn’t seem to elaborate any further on either AI."

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A theory I have on Marathon: FellGeneral-RADIX 10/25/15 1:38 p.m.
     Re: A theory I have on Marathon: FellHelviusRufus 10/25/15 10:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.