/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: They Lost the Thread of the Story
Posted By: DispatcherDate: 10/24/15 6:37 a.m.

In Response To: Re: They Lost the Thread of the Story (Philtron)

: And I guess the other side of the coin is that I kind of don't want there to
: be canon connections between Destiny and Marathon (or PiD for that
: matter). I just don't think that the modern Bungie (the one that treats
: employees unethically like Marty O'donnell and Joe Staten, and releases a
: half finished game full price) could do the old series any justice.

Alex has left the building! (said in a manner reminiscent of "Elvis has left the building!")

Of course Jason hasn't left the building, but he has other things in life to distract him from giving his full attention to managing Bungie (family, financial obligations, obligations to Activision, etc.). Besides, Bungie has grown from a small lean (living on a shoestring budget) kingdom (and a sense of needing to please its customer fanbase) into a bloated, lumbering entity with too many decision makers, and for which pleasing the fans/ customers seems to be a secondary consideration. We don't know all the "behind the scenes" events which led to loosing Greg back then and loosing Marty and Joe later. But its clear that the company has transformed from a small and well-knit team to the cubicled (whether literal or figurative doesn't matter) corporate entity it is today.

I admit, I'm not into consoles and I don't play Destiny. But after reading reviews and watching play through videos, I am decidedly underwhelmed by the game and its lack of story relative to Bungie's former games. I was hoping that Destiny would cause me to change my mind and finally spend the money for the new Playstation and once again become a paying customer of Bungie. That hasn't happened since I bought Halo for the Mac. Even that game felt half finished (which it was). I've not played much PID either, but the Marathon series, Myth series and Oni had great stories and plot lines.

I agree that Bungie will not (and cannot be) the Bungie it used to be, at least to us.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

They Lost the Thread of the Storypoena.dare 10/20/15 7:22 p.m.
     Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryLion O Cyborg 10/21/15 1:58 a.m.
           Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryHokuto 10/21/15 4:24 a.m.
                 Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryBob-B-Q 10/21/15 8:12 a.m.
                       Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryHokuto 10/21/15 9:52 a.m.
                             Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryMartin 10/21/15 12:07 p.m.
                             Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryBob-B-Q 10/22/15 9:37 a.m.
                                   Re: They Lost the Thread of the Storypoena.dare 10/22/15 2:56 p.m.
                                         Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDispatcher 10/22/15 3:20 p.m.
                                         Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDurandal_1707 10/22/15 9:33 p.m.
                                   Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryHokuto 10/22/15 5:55 p.m.
                             Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/22/15 5:55 p.m.
                                   Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryHokuto 10/23/15 8:46 a.m.
                                         Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/23/15 9:36 a.m.
                                               Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryHokuto 10/23/15 12:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/23/15 2:41 p.m.
                                                           Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryHokuto 10/23/15 4:14 p.m.
                                                                 Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/23/15 6:35 p.m.
                                                                       Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDispatcher 10/24/15 6:37 a.m.
                                                                             Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/24/15 7:48 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryGodot 10/24/15 7:55 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDurandal_1707 10/24/15 2:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryMatt 10/24/15 7:38 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDispatcher 10/24/15 9:28 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryLion O Cyborg 10/24/15 9:33 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryLion O Cyborg 10/24/15 9:34 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/24/15 1:03 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDurandal_1707 10/24/15 2:32 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/24/15 1:06 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDurandal_1707 10/24/15 2:00 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/24/15 2:27 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDeChief 10/24/15 6:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: They Lost the Thread of the Story *LINK*Dispatcher 10/24/15 6:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryDispatcher 10/26/15 5:21 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryLion O Cyborg 10/25/15 4:24 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryGodot 10/25/15 6:41 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryLion O Cyborg 10/25/15 8:58 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryMartin 10/25/15 12:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryBob-B-Q 10/25/15 9:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: They Lost the Thread of the StoryPhiltron 10/25/15 2:01 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.