/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon video tutorial: a suggestion.
Posted By: DispatcherDate: 6/20/15 2:36 p.m.

I had looked online for a video tutorial for the Marathon series (or at least one of the trilogy; perhaps Infinity would be best due to the features not included in the first two games, just not the outdated tools). I don't mean a "let's play" video, although I enjoy some of those; the most recent being the co-op play by Narcogen and Blackstar. Is there such a video as I'm suggesting?

Sure, I know how to play the games. I'm thinking about people who have yet to encounter Aleph One and Marathon (2) open source. While I'm sure that most people could download and install the game(s) and click through the Preferences to figure out most of the controls, I think that a lot of people might enjoy a quality video which addresses the basics of the interface, gameplay, objects, terminals, films, multiplayer and etc. Such would be more engaging than reading the old Infinity manual as a PDF on Bungie's site. Besides, such a video could show features allowed in the most recent Aleph One build.

While I know how to capture audio and video and edit, my ancient Mac would be barely up to the task. Besides, even though I frequently visit You Tube, I've never had an account there and I think that the site is probably the most popular of all the general video sites out there. I also think there are people a lot more talented in this area than I.

I'm wondering if anyone here would be interested in doing such a video; perhaps even "guided" by the good folks who are active in the continuing development of Aleph One? It could be done as a collaborative effort or by a "lone gun" who has the skills to make a quality product which would entice people to grab the game, play it and spread the word. I for one like the idea of such a video.

How do YOU feel about such a project?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon video tutorial: a suggestion.Dispatcher 6/20/15 2:36 p.m.
     Re: Marathon video tutorial: a suggestion.Dispatcher 6/21/15 7:25 a.m.
           Re: Marathon video tutorial: a suggestion.Martin 6/21/15 10:43 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.