/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pathways into Darkness review
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 6/18/15 6:04 a.m.

In Response To: Pathways into Darkness review (Lion O Cyborg)

I learned some stuff I didn't know! There's been strafe buttons all these years? That will make my OSx playthrough easier than backing up and turning to try to dodge. I didn't even know your health increased, I thought the points were just that: useless points.

You're not even exaggerating about the typhoid poo monsters bit, because that's exactly what the level with the yellow tar monsters is (I guess I'll call them typhoid poo from now on). Can't fight them with your shoddy weapon, but you need the infrared goggles there even if you go the other way.

I wouldn't call source porting it to only OSx lazines... more like it's an exponentially greater load of work to get it to work on windows and the only people who know or care about PID are the old fans who played it on an apple anyway. I played a more recent version of that guy's windows remake, and it still has no clipping (he got the distance shading and the slow crawl of motion nailed perfectly).

The pictures aren't in your blog. What happened?

PID is truly representative of a lost age of experimental adventure games. It's weird that you call it an RPG. I call it an FPS, but it does have leveling up. You can see the steady decline of depth and mystifying nonlinearity in favor of combat and simplicity from PID->Marathon->Halo, and from what it looks like, Destiny has gone back to having gameplay depth, but I haven't played it or seen much of it other than extremely opinionated reviews so I don't know what it's like.

This should be a fun series of write ups, I like your writing style.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 2:50 a.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/18/15 6:04 a.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 6:42 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 6:45 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewBob-B-Q 6/18/15 7:52 a.m.
                       Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 8:06 a.m.
                             Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/18/15 9:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 9:21 a.m.
                                         Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 9:26 a.m.
                             Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewtreellama 6/18/15 10:10 a.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/18/15 10:23 a.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/18/15 4:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewBob-B-Q 6/18/15 4:33 p.m.
                                               Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewMartin 6/18/15 5:02 p.m.
                                               Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewPhiltron 6/19/15 5:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/20/15 12:17 p.m.
                                                           Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewPhiltron 6/20/15 2:41 p.m.
                                                                 fine *NM*VikingBoyBilly 6/20/15 4:11 p.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/19/15 5:26 p.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewxcalibur 6/18/15 10:59 a.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/20/15 4:38 p.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/21/15 8:19 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/21/15 9:19 a.m.
                       Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewLion O Cyborg 6/21/15 9:30 a.m.
                             Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/21/15 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewMartin 6/21/15 6:11 p.m.
                                         Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/22/15 3:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewMartin 6/22/15 4:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Pathways into Darkness reviewVikingBoyBilly 6/23/15 12:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.