/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & Glue
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 6/4/15 6:41 a.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & Glue (Martin)

: to. This nets us a 1x shield canister – I’ll use that terminology after
: the recent discussion here :) – some more ammo, and a switch to open the

What's weird about me calling them canisters? What else are we supposed to call them, shield cylinders? Shield batteries?

Is there an explanation for why the Sistine Chapel is flooded with lava? That's nowhere near vesuvius in either geography or (spoiler alert) game progression. Well, maybe it's sorta close to Rome, but not enough to nuke the sistine chapel when according to wikipedia, it blew off in 79 AD some 1300 years before the renaissance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Vesuvius

I don't even remember the ceiling from the first time I played it, but I'm gonna take a crack that they had to make multiple 256x256 textures and align the offsets to the ceiling of each polygon to get it right. Easy to explain, but I can only imagine it was a nightmare in tedium to pull off, assuming that it's not just an empty floor with no differences in floor heights, lighting, textures, specials and so on.

Now I can't wait to replay this after I finish halo... assuming I'll finish halo first.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & GlueMartin 6/3/15 5:59 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & GlueVikingBoyBilly 6/4/15 6:41 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & GlueMartin 6/4/15 10:28 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & GlueVikingBoyBilly 6/4/15 11:52 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & Gluetreellama 6/4/15 12:02 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty: Wiping Away The Dirt & GlueMartin 6/4/15 1:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.