/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 5/31/15 6:03 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved (VikingBoyBilly)

: I don't know what you're talking about, and I probably won't for a long time
: since I don't have a copy of Halo 2 on me and I don't exactly intend to
: play it the instant I finish Halo:CE.

: Marathon Logos mean their religion is bogus...? Is it because it's a sign
: that some other species achieved space travel? The thing is, the Marathon
: canon obviously doesn't exist in this universe, so I really don't know
: what Marathon logos are doing there or what it means.

The Marathon logo in Halo is the Forerunner glyph for "Reclaimer" meaning humans. By reading the glyph upside down, the covenant misinterpreted it as "reclamation", thinking that they could recover precious Forerunner artifacts they couldn't find elsewhere, upgrading their technology.

A covenant Luminary scanner picked up the humans on Harvest and tagged them with Marathon glyphs. Mendicant Bias in High Charity's forerunner dreadnaught revealed to the Halo 2/3 prophets that the glyphs meant humans, that humans would take the Forerunners' "mantle" and that the Covenant were meddling kids.

The prophets ordered the extermination of humanity to prevent the rest of the Covenant from finding out the truth as their religion was the only thing that kept them all together.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved — Pillar of AutumnVikingBoyBilly 5/30/15 6:12 p.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved — Pillar of AuMatt 5/30/15 7:31 p.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved — Pillar of AuBob-B-Q 5/31/15 9:08 a.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved — Pillar of AuPerseusSpartacus 5/30/15 8:26 p.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved — Pillar of AuVikingBoyBilly 5/31/15 3:15 a.m.
                 Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat Evolved — Pillar of AuPerseusSpartacus 5/31/15 12:50 p.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 5/31/15 1:37 a.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 5/31/15 1:40 a.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 5/31/15 3:12 a.m.
                 Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 5/31/15 6:03 a.m.
                       Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 5/31/15 9:26 a.m.
                             Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 5/31/15 10:58 a.m.
                                   Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 5/31/15 11:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 5/31/15 11:23 a.m.
                                               Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 5/31/15 11:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 6/1/15 2:53 a.m.
                                                           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 6/1/15 6:02 a.m.
                                                           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 6/1/15 6:06 a.m.
                                         Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedBob-B-Q 5/31/15 2:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 6/1/15 2:54 a.m.
                                                     Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedBob-B-Q 6/1/15 8:27 a.m.
                                                           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 6/1/15 10:04 a.m.
                                               Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 6/1/15 6:10 a.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedMartin 6/1/15 2:58 p.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedVikingBoyBilly 6/2/15 3:39 a.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo: Combat EvolvedLion O Cyborg 6/2/15 5:54 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.