/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak Sicur
Posted By: HokutoDate: 1/23/15 9:56 a.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak Sicur (VikingBoyBilly)

I do love that ambient groan of metal sound - well, if one can be said to "love" something that makes me want to crawl under the blankets and go "LA LA LA REALITY ISN'T BEING EATEN LA LA LA." XD I enjoy the music in M1, but the ambient sounds of M2 and Infinity are great at setting the mood of a level.

That's a very interesting theory, Tycho and the W'rkncacnter melding - part of me suspects that the W'rkncacnter, as a being of primordial chaos, wouldn't be able to merge with an AI (no matter how crazy), but it's a fascinating and creepy possibility. (Would it mean that Tycho is also now sealed forever in the singularity? And what would have happened if the thing had melded with Durandal instead? Absolutely nothing good, I'm sure...)

Regarding Destiny connections: While I had only a brief time to play the game over the holidays and didn't gather as much lore through the Grimoire cards as I could have wished, there absolutely are some interesting possible points of connection. Some of the lore regarding the Black Garden, for instance, bears some resemblance to the garbled terminals/unformatted KYT terminal about a primal garden and an unnamed but powerful female character; the Guardians you create are battleroids of a sort, since they're all dead people resurrected by the Traveler to fight the Darkness. The Traveler itself is very mysterious, but personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow connected to the Jjaro (or the evolved form of the security officer, or Thothandal), especially considering the way it's said to have brought great technological advances not just to humanity, but possibly to other species as well.

Anyway, good write-up of an excellent final level!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurVikingBoyBilly 1/19/15 4:37 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurVikingBoyBilly 1/19/15 5:39 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurRoland 1/20/15 3:04 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurVikingBoyBilly 1/19/15 5:42 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurMartin 1/20/15 2:16 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurForrest of B.org 1/20/15 10:46 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurMartin 1/20/15 11:23 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurHokuto 1/23/15 9:56 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurDispatcher 1/24/15 5:50 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurMartin 1/24/15 7:53 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurVikingBoyBilly 1/28/15 2:30 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurMartin 1/28/15 2:34 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak Sicur *LINK*Dispatcher 1/28/15 2:41 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurMartin 1/29/15 12:38 a.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurDispatcher 1/29/15 3:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurDispatcher 1/29/15 3:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurMartin 1/29/15 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Aye Mak SicurTatterdemalion 4/25/19 11:50 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.