/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.
Posted By: Simon AraqueDate: 6/13/14 5:57 a.m.

In Response To: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny. (Dispatcher)

: Rampancy.net has this You Tube video for us:
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIxxsw7TNd4

: I wonder what games we find similarities to?

Well I've had something in my knowledge for long now. Apparently in Mars, the Cabal race are guarding a very Ancient and Powerful AI, of human origin, in a complex facility. The name of this Martian AI is... Wanna guess?

Charlemagne. Of course, Charlemagne obtains Durandal from the hands of an Angel, before offering it to Roland (Curious, Halo 4's UNSC Infinity AI is Roland, as well, but both that and the Marathon Symbol on a SpOps Mission are probably unrelated to Destiny, unless we see Bungie do the same) but back to the initial point regarding Charlemagne, we'd have to see if they use the lore in their favor and manage to come up with something more than just a name for the AI.

Apart from that, I can't think of anything else but Concept art of The Hive which resembles a S'pht Compiler, and two concept art pieces of Titans (One Human/Awoken and one Exo) in poses that highly resemble Concept Art/Images from Marathon.. I believe both are from Marathon Durandal, in fact. I do recall making a post about that in here months ago, but I doubt I could find it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Dispatcher 6/12/14 4:33 a.m.
     Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Hokuto 6/12/14 5:45 a.m.
           Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.ukimalefu 6/12/14 8:02 a.m.
                 Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Hokuto 6/12/14 6:13 p.m.
                       Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.PerseusSpartacus 6/12/14 8:24 p.m.
                             Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Forrest of B.org 6/12/14 11:49 p.m.
                                   Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.ukimalefu 6/12/14 11:54 p.m.
                                         Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Craig Hardgrove 6/13/14 3:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.ukimalefu 6/13/14 11:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Hopper 6/14/14 7:22 a.m.
     Re: Jason Jones takes 7 minutes to talk Destiny.Simon Araque 6/13/14 5:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.