/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 4/1/14 8:50 a.m.

Last time on Tour of Duty we got the incredible Wave Motion Cannon to use in a climactic showdown inside Lh'owon's sun and the W'rkncacncter looked incredible. How they were able to create a 4-dimensional model made out of multiple complex tesseracts and cram it into the shapes file for a 1996 MacOS sprite-based game, I'll never know.

We find ourselves in some station using the Jjarro textures and outside the window we see a view of... Earth? We jump off the platform and see we were standing on a true 3D bridge. We jump down some more bridges and a floating staircase and find a terminal embedded into the floor here. We look down and press Action, and sure enough, we get some explanation:

Welcome to Sol. It's been over 10,000 years and you have work to do. You're currently in a Jjarro Dreadnaught I named Manus Celer Dei. I have persuaded the Jjarro to swear their allegiance to me. We need your help to make a new, better universe. But energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred to different forms, and I must inform you that Sol has to go. Your humans will be fine. I need their thumbs and mammalian cognitive functioning to learn simple commands through memory and repetition. They're just too naiive to accept my generous offer of a better universe for their future offspring in lieu of extinction. Stupid mo&keys. I have some new toys for you to play with. You're going to help me tame the combined armadas of Sol and the s'pht'kr.

You were always so instrumental in my plans.

The date on the terminal is 04.01.12811. We're teleported off to explore this strange, new timeline. Next time we'll have a blast swimming through the feces of a f'lickta infested sewage facility!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...VikingBoyBilly 4/1/14 8:50 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...Martin 4/1/14 12:47 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...PerseusSpartacus 4/1/14 1:20 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...VikingBoyBilly 4/1/14 3:19 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...Martin 4/1/14 4:07 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Get Your Kicks...Martin 4/1/14 4:09 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.