/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply Within
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 11/6/13 12:29 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply Within (Martin)

: This place is cool. The textures are of course gorgeous,

Gorgeous? You're telling me those textures are GORGEOUS?!?! We are talking about the same ones, right? The ones that burn my retinas into pools of red mush?

: That I looked back at Volunteers also means that I don’t now miss
: the fact that this terminal brings the Jjaro into the Marathon universe,
: screaming and kicking .. unless that highly secret map writing from Never
: Burn Money did, that is.

Yes, Never Burn Money was supposedly the first to introduce the Jjaro into the Marathon universe, but to be honest, one could've originally reasoned that it didn't necessarily indicate the Jjaro as being part of the Marathon canon. It's only when you start seeing things like this that it becomes more obvious the Jjaro really are present in Marathon:

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter, Yrro and Pthia settled upon Lh'owon.

Now Tycho specifically mentions the Jjaro quite prominenently. A slap in the face for some, I'm sure.

The alien projection appeared in the early Spring of 1994, flickering suddenly into existence deep within the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. The hologram of the Jjaro diplomat interrupted, quite deliberately, an important briefing of the President by his senior military staff. It told them they had eight days to save the world.

Yeah, definitely a major slap in the face.

: So he’s not dead, but we’re now off to kill him. Neat.

"Kill" in quotation marks. Rumor has it that he's not really dead, that Blake isn't even real, and that when the Eleventh Clan ret--a3Aaf78jbc7is3ark6r1110001010da

Err, nevermind. My apologies for that brief interruption. Well, this was certainly a short but sweet little entry. Not the greatest, but then again, this isn't an amazing level, nor is it a long or fun one. The next one will be more interesting though, I assure you.

Vale,
Perseus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply WithinMartin 11/6/13 10:29 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply WithinPerseusSpartacus 11/6/13 12:29 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply WithinMartin 11/6/13 12:56 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply Withintreellama 11/7/13 4:04 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply WithinHopper 11/6/13 4:55 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply Withintreellama 11/7/13 3:33 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - For Carnage, Apply WithinHopper 11/7/13 7:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.