/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammer
Posted By: AntarcticoDate: 8/2/13 11:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammer (Roland)

: Two Betrayals is more fun because you can snag a Banshee and go exploring.
: Though the level is designed with arrows to point you in the right
: direction the first time you play it, the second time they're all going
: the wrong way!

I love grabbing Banshees and doing things the level designers never intended! :)

Right at the start of "If I Had a Super Weapon..." I always make sure I grab the Banshee on the bridge. There are so many things you can do to this area in a Banshee. If you want, you can use it to fly to the level exit and bypass the a good portion of "Assault On The Control Room."

I start by dogfighting with the other Banshee that was on the bridge, and when it's toasted to a fine golden brown, I'll take out the Wraith tank on the ground along with the support Ghosts and Elites. Next to feel my wrath are the Grunts and Hunters that come out of the doors on the far side of the bridge, and they get a damn good pounding from my mighty Fuel Rail Gun. After all that, I usually fly over to the tiered emplacement leading to the control room and use my still mighty gun to flip over all the turrets before I land and continue the level like I am supposed to. The turrets stay flipped, so when I want to make my way up to the top on foot, I am not having to take fire from the turrets. The Grunts spawn next to their flipped turrets, and since the can't flip them back over, all they can do is peck at me with their plasma pistols.

If I am in a particularly aerial mood, I'll land at the top of the control installation, hit the switch to the bay doors, and then hop back into the Banshee and bombard the bastards that pour out. If I don't feel like walking to the top, I'll just park the Banshee back on the bridge, fight my way to the bottom, and then ride the lift back up so I can retrieve my Banshee. Alternately, I will land on the bridge and knock the Banshee off with a plasma grenade, and then pick it up again when I reach the bottom. Either way, after I'm back in the air, I'll blow snot out of the Hunters that spawned and everything else that spawned with them. Or, some combination of all this, or not. There are so many variations on how to play this outdoor area, and that's pretty amazing for a game that isn't a sandbox. :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 7/29/13 4:25 p.m.
     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerGodot 7/30/13 1:45 a.m.
           Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/30/13 5:53 a.m.
                 Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammertreellama 7/30/13 6:16 a.m.
                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/30/13 8:00 a.m.
                             Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammertreellama 7/30/13 10:14 a.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/30/13 10:38 a.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerGodot 7/30/13 10:52 a.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/30/13 11:34 a.m.
                 Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerNarcogen 7/31/13 8:58 p.m.
                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/31/13 10:48 p.m.
                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerGodot 7/31/13 11:00 p.m.
                             Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/31/13 11:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 8/1/13 2:34 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 8/1/13 2:56 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerPerseusSpartacus 8/1/13 3:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 8/1/13 3:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammertreellama 8/1/13 4:39 p.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 8/1/13 6:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammertreellama 8/2/13 3:35 a.m.
                                                           Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammertreellama 8/2/13 3:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 8/2/13 8:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammertreellama 8/2/13 9:15 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 8/2/13 10:28 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 8/2/13 2:39 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 8/2/13 11:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 8/1/13 7:45 p.m.
     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerHokuto 7/30/13 6:38 a.m.
           Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerMartin 7/30/13 1:52 p.m.
                 Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 7/30/13 3:37 p.m.
                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerGodot 7/30/13 11:42 p.m.
                             Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 7/31/13 3:18 p.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerMartin 7/31/13 5:32 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 7/31/13 9:06 p.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammerjonny 7/31/13 9:32 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerAntarctico 7/31/13 11:13 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerGodot 7/31/13 11:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 8/1/13 2:39 p.m.
                                                           Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe Hammerjonny 8/2/13 6:19 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 8/2/13 2:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerGodot 7/31/13 10:50 p.m.
                 Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerHokuto 8/1/13 1:51 a.m.
                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerMartin 8/1/13 5:06 a.m.
                       Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 8/1/13 2:47 p.m.
                             Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerMartin 8/1/13 3:16 p.m.
     Re: Tycho's Wrath on Foe HammerRoland 7/30/13 4:09 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.