/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Try again
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 8/2/13 4:10 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - Try again (Martin)

This whole level is confusing and lacks anything unique or memorable - no rooms that you'll go "Oh yeah, from here I go to such-and-such an area". Instead, you just run around like a chicken with your head cut off, all the while trying to kill all the heavy Pfhor in this area. Remind me again, why are they all here? There's nothing interesting, and the fact that we're not in vacuum suggests this isn't one of the hull breaches mentioned in the final term of Welcome to the Revolution.

However, it is worth noting that one of the Map Annotations for this level is 'Fusion Vent #9', and it is placed on a huge pit of lava. So is it really lava? A question for the ages.

Also worth noting that the other Map Annotation for this level is 'Engineering Storage'. How much storage and engineering space do they need on this dang ship?! ;)

I must admit, I always find Leela's final terminal on this map to be very different in tone from the usual. Normally, it feels like she's a manic depressive who got stuck in the 'depressive' half. Now suddenly it feels like there's a slight smile under all of this. It's a little creepy, I'll admit. Reminds me of...

Thinking the cargo little more than scrap, the Nar captain sold the Pfhor ship, Leela and all, to a Vylae merchant. The subsequent crash of the Vylae FTL network when Leela was reassembled and reactivated is still legendary in the annals of rampancy, and the Vylae have long since accepted that they will never expunge her from their fifteen-world network.

Yikes...

All in all, I really dislike this level. It's dark, it's confusing, it's creepy (the music doesn't help), the enemies here are annoying, there's no puzzles, etc. I always find myself just begging to be let on to Ingue Ferroque by the end.

Vale,
Perseus

P.S. - 500 Messages and counting!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Try againMartin 8/2/13 2:22 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Try againPerseusSpartacus 8/2/13 4:10 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Try againAntarctico 8/2/13 4:14 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Try againGodot 8/3/13 3:55 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.