/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Habe Quiddam
Posted By: MartinDate: 7/9/13 12:52 a.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - Habe Quiddam (PerseusSpartacus)

Sorry I'm just not with you on killing BoBs, which probably makes this level even harder lol. Also not with you on being that bothered by the lava ... and it's only a shame you weren't there 20 years ago to tell Jason when it mattered :D.

What I am with you on is that this is where the difficulty ramps up. Interesting comments on the preview changes with lava - I would not have guessed the damage was toned down vs the original before.

As for things that make the level hard, we have the obvious, TC, and a relic from the past, which was my originally playing it on a Mac LCIII, which really struggled with frame rates at the most annoying moments, and made getting to that 2x recharger oh so much sweeter. Bob-B-Q was pretty much impossible on such a machine - first off there was surviving to get to save, and then if you actually got to heading off the level, there was timing the step out onto the rising platform, which was ridiculously hard to judge at low frame rates. Of course I didn't know about the handy dandy wall 2x charger in those days....

Back to the task at hand, my last playthrough saw an oddity where a BoB ended up on the top of the middle pillar, and was there to greet me when I first ran across ... and then after I fell down and came back up ... there were two BoBs there! Clearly this is not something -you- are ever going to see ;). I just thought it worth noting.

On TC the proper hard part is just after the pattern buffer past the lava, where the platform raises briefly out of the lava ... the encounter past there is really hard to do well as you tend to get hit from all sides!

Looking forward to next time!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamPerseusSpartacus 7/8/13 10:38 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamMartin 7/9/13 12:52 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamGodot 7/9/13 3:59 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamHokuto 7/9/13 4:17 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamGodot 7/9/13 4:31 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamGodot 7/9/13 4:45 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Habe QuiddamMartin 7/9/13 1:59 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.