/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Does anybody even *know* how to compile AO?
Posted By: C LundDate: 2/19/05 8:25 a.m.

- or at least somebody who does know?

The main sticking point so far seem to be the SDL and SDL_net frameworks. They just don't seem to work. They refer to each other but can't find each other's headers - even though those headers are there.

In the end I tried simply deleting everything that seemed to refer to SDL and SDL_net, but it didn't make any difference. I still got 40 errors that all were rooted in the invisible SDL headers. The resulting AO project was so full of holes I decided to trash it - and those abortive SDL frameworks as well.

If I can find somebody willing to help me compile this thing (or remove all SDL dependencies and still leave me with a usable program), I'll download AO again and give it a second shot. If not then RX is dead.

The latest nightly build of AO is from *yesterday*, so there must be somebody on this planet who still knows how to get the thing working.

BTW: I still haven't recieved a confirmation / activation of the account I tried to get on the sourceforge forums, so there's evidentally no hope to be had there.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Does anybody even *know* how to compile AO?C Lund 2/19/05 8:25 a.m.
     Not I :-( *NM*Forrest of B.org 2/19/05 10:27 a.m.
     Re: Does anybody even *know* how to compile AO?Steve Levinson 2/19/05 12:15 p.m.
           Re: Does anybody even know *how* to compile AO?C Lund 2/19/05 1:57 p.m.
           Re: Does anybody even *know* how to compile AO?C Lund 2/21/05 12:32 a.m.
     for linux... =/ *NM*thermoplyae 2/19/05 1:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.