/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVII
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/9/05 5:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVII (Steve Levinson)

: You mean you're not going to beam us into the planet's star anymore? The one
: that was about to go nova, thanks to the trih xeem? Still, I like the idea
: of beaming into space at the end of the level and just hanging there for a
: while. But would that satisfy Hathor - I think she really wanted to have
: us destroyed by the trih xeem. I doubt that our shields could withstand
: that - nor could the cybernetic junction. I'll leave the plotting to you,
: Forrest.

You would still have been destroyed by the trih xeem when it reached the orbital path of the planet you're on. I'm sure Hathor would *rather* beam you into the sun, but I can't really justify any story mechanism for her to do so, so beaming you into space to drift until the trih xeem hits seems as good a plan as any.

The one thing I wonder though, is what exactly was Hathor's plan about Leela anyway? Allow me to think out loud for a moment. Lets say Leela didn't catch on to her ploy, and we were left adrift in space, and the trih xeem came by and killed us and now it's just Leela and a bunch of Drinnniol and Hathor (hiding) on a Jjaro Dreadnaut in the middle of empty space, and the Pfhor are on their way. Now what?

The failure for this chapter comes when Leela leaves the ship with you, and Hathor takes it over and heads to the future. Without Leela gone, Hathor wouldn't be able to take the ship, and without you alive, Leela can't leave except by this Junction, so... I suppose Leela would just go "oh crap he's dead. Meh. Go go Drinniol go, now I'm going back to the future", and then Hathor could take over.

Although, I can't imagine Leela would leave the Dreadnaught there to be taken by the Pfhor. She'd probably take it with her to the future... imagine what a difference in the war THAT could make! Now that I think about it, why doesn't she do that in the first place? Why destroy it instead of steal it? Perhaps Hathor, being in the network with her, though hidden, is able to contest her use of the ship's Cybernetic Junction, and Leela, not aware that Hathor is present, simply figures this old ship doesn't work any more, and has no choice but to leave it for the Pfhor.

Maybe Hathor's plan was just to not get blown up by the trih xeem, first of all, and then figure it out from there. Either way, Leela is smart, we get to live, and the Pfhor don't get the ship one way or another - either we blow it and it's Junction up, or Hathor steals it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVIIblake37 2/9/05 12:26 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVIISteve Levinson 2/9/05 2:44 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVIIForrest of B.org 2/9/05 3:58 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVIISteve Levinson 2/9/05 4:34 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVIIForrest of B.org 2/9/05 5:21 p.m.
                             The Prudent Application of Time TravelForrest of B.org 2/9/05 6:37 p.m.
                                   Re: The Prudent Application of Time TravelSteve Levinson 2/9/05 7:00 p.m.
                                         Re: The Prudent Application of Time TravelForrest of B.org 2/9/05 7:46 p.m.
                                               Re: The Prudent Application of Time TravelBlayne 2/9/05 8:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: The Prudent Application of Time TravelForrest of B.org 2/9/05 9:03 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers: BabylonVIIblake37 2/9/05 5:12 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.