/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife Therapy
Posted By: blake37Date: 2/5/05 5:34 p.m.

Here we are in a big ole Pfhor boat, the mission, disarm the Trith Xeem so the W'rk doesn;t get released. Now, I have a bit of a story question; Why are they destroy the Lh'own system? In the other timelione it made sense to me, the 'Kr came and caused all kinds of problems, but here, in this now, the attack has begun recently, and is going well, the S'pht are getting the crap beaten out of them, so why the total anilation?

Anyway, back to the level. In order to disarm the divice, we have to jettison all the engine plasma that is used to power it. What I beleav to be the three pumps that you do that with are located near to whare we start, in the south end of the map. Get to one by jumping off the stairs and turning left. The other two are at ether ends of the big corridor that you get around in.

Now, about the hulks in this level, are they supposed to be hulks, or are they Flick'ta like they rest of them. If hulks, did the Pfore have the Hulks way back now, and if the latter, why are they running around on the ship?

Anyway, when you activat all of the pumps, a door on the far east side will be open, and behind that is a really weird secrity system with a bunch of moving platfroms and drones to get past. When you finaly get past it all, use the door you will find on your left.

This door leads to the fourth plasma pump, and when you activate that, you also open the door behind you, which leads to a rather large corridor that extends in both directions, and contains large amounts of baddies. While you clear this nice big area out, you will surlt encounter several terminals from Hathor, all of which display the same message.

She has come back to life after one thousand years, something to do with Leelas return and the junction, I assume, but am not entirly sure about. She is capable of forgeting our actions agenst her this one last time only. She sees that she is and forever shall be evil, And she wants to love once more, to be humnan, but that cannot happen, so in its place, she will take vengence. She says that we will benefit from her revenge, and as we keep forcing her hand, she prophesizes that it will be our hand forced in the end, not hers. She dreams of the hollow world too, does she count electric sheep? She prophesizes that if we continue to pursue her, we will kill trillions of our own kind, a far greater toll then she claims to have had in mind for her vengance. But is that just a threat to make us leave her alone, or is it something see turly beleaves is fact? But alas, we cannot inquire of her, she is already gone.

We have little choice then that matter, we have to find a Leela terminal. Since this map is symetrical, it doesn't matter which side you go up, as long as you get to the very north end, which contains the only Leela message terminal, in a sort of bridge like area.

Reading her terminal, we understand why hethor is back from the dead; Leela went rooting around in her locked down and encrypted databanks, and the S'pht got intersted, and managed to do something to let her free. Had that not happened, Hathor would have been forgotton by the weird network the S'pht have, more like a brain then a computer it is. Leela also sespects that Ahthor called the Pfhor here, they didn't stumble upon Lh'own. Sounds like something that happend a long time ago, way back in the future at a little place called Tau Ceti. Well, we're off to cahse Hathor across time again, and yet again, we don;t know to whare we are headed. Hold on tight.

Things of note: I like this level, but the symetry is a bit much, and takes some of the fun out of exploring. I also like the rooms to the east and west of the end term, even the Pfhor use beds! One little bug, the window to the east of the end term has no glass, but all the other ones do. I think that the big slave hold room thingy at the far south end should be something you have to go through somehow, it's such a cool fight. Also, do all the uplink slots and those rooms with switchs and circutry/smashed circutry have any signifacance? They seem like they were suposed to at some point anyway.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife Therapyblake37 2/5/05 5:34 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife TherapySteve Levinson 2/6/05 12:08 p.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife Therapyblake37 2/6/05 12:24 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife TherapyForrest of B.org 2/6/05 4:45 p.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife TherapySlartibartfast 2/8/05 7:44 a.m.
           Re: Eternal Volunteers: Gamma Knife TherapyForrest of B.org 2/8/05 6:17 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.