/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potential
Posted By: rampancyDate: 2/3/05 3:52 a.m.

In Response To: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potential (Steve Levinson)

If you read MazaroX's description, he says:

"...I will say this- it is hard. Very hard. I may tone it down slightly on the next release, but don't count on too much. I designed this game to be hard for ME to beat, and I've been playing Marathon for a very long time..."

In my opinion, this really isn't a fair thing to do. It's unreasonable to think that all Marathon players play at the same skill and level that you do...if you do, you'll only have your work appeal to a very narrow segment of Marathon players -- and you'll leave everyone else just pissed off and annoyed.

I think he needs to be commended for trying so hard with this scenario, as Steve said, but all in all I think that it'll only be remembered as "just another crappy scenario" until some effort is made to make gameplay more balanced. If you want to give the Vidmasters a good time, you can always do what Double Aught did with Marathon Infinity and have a special "Vidmasters Challenge" section.

It's easy to make a really hard scenario -- but it's difficult to make a *balanced* scenario. If there's one thing I've always observed, a scenario's difficulty level is not correlated with its intrinsic quality.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSteve Levinson 2/2/05 8:51 p.m.
     Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialrampancy 2/3/05 3:52 a.m.
           Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSteve Levinson 2/3/05 5:15 a.m.
                 Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialMazaro 2/3/05 4:33 p.m.
                       Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialMazaro 2/3/05 4:35 p.m.
                             Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialRyokoTK 2/3/05 5:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSteve Levinson 2/3/05 8:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialSimon of team Sigma 2/4/05 6:30 a.m.
                                               Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialMazaro 2/4/05 12:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: Lost Lands 2 - Room of GigglesOld Timer 11/24/15 2:41 a.m.
                                                           Re: Lost Lands 2 - Room of GigglesGeneral-RADIX 11/24/15 4:09 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Lost Lands 2 - Room of GigglesOld Timer 11/24/15 9:41 a.m.
                 Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialLion O Cyborg 11/24/15 9:54 a.m.
                       Re: Lost Lands 2 - so much lost potentialLion O Cyborg 11/24/15 9:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.