/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I beat M1!!!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/31/05 6:14 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I beat M1!!! (Sidoh)

: It has probably been atleast a year. I'm planning on staying a while, tho i
: dont know what will happen.

I'm going to hold you to the staying part.

: Teach me calc plz, my school's math is really quite boring :(.

That's right, I did talk to you about calculus way back when. How's your algebra? If you understand the basics of algebra, calculus is just a simple extension. Unfortunately, it's hard to teach someone by e-mail. I was fortunate to have a physics professor at a local college who gave up his Saturdays to teach higher math and physics to high school students who didn't want to wait for college. He helped a lot of us reach our potential. In any case, math is more John Sumner's realm - John, do you know of any good books for kids who don't need to be spoon-fed math at a snail's pace? If not, I'll try to dig up some of Dr. Dixon's old handouts and see if they're enough to get you started.

: I tried to vid Sodding again mebbe a few months ago on an old G3, still
: dying at the same spot.

Sodding's tough, but since I'm not a vidmaster, I don't make bones about not succeeding. I know I now have the skills to vid almost anything if I want to. What I don't have is the time to make it my obsession.

: I see Sigma STILL hasnt been released :|. I wonder if they still
: have the maps i did for it.

It sounds like it's pretty close to being released.

: Ive played some A1 online on my PC, blowing
: people to bits with SPNKR :D.

I haven't tried it yet myself. Playing solo is one thing, but I'm not sure I want to fall into the black hole of competitive thonning.

: I havent seen eternal yet ive heard its good.

At the risk of deflating Forrest's ego, Eternal is OK. There are some levels that are really good, and some that really suck. The strength of Eternal is it's story, and we're going over that right now. If there's one new scenario you absolutely have to play, it's Phoenix Falling. It's only for M1 right now, but it is easily in the same league as Trojan and even the original M1. It's an absolute must-play.

: Mostly ive been playing Starcraft, UT, and chess. I can still list
: about 80 of the marathon levels in order tho :\, just missed some of the
: M1 pfhor ship levels and m2 levels after the big house, as well as an
: infinity level here and there.

Good to know you're still in the game, so to speak. And again, could I release your Rubicon-textured vidmaster challenge levels to the general public? No guarantee I'll do it right away since the terminals have to be redone, but they're a blast to play - a very different experience than the original Infinity versions.

I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/30/05 12:38 p.m.
     Re: I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/30/05 12:50 p.m.
           Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/30/05 1:27 p.m.
     Re: I beat M1!!!rampancy 1/30/05 3:46 p.m.
           Re: I beat M1!!!Cheerful 1/30/05 5:27 p.m.
                 Re: I beat M1!!!Ori 1/30/05 6:37 p.m.
                       Re: I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/30/05 10:15 p.m.
                             Re: I beat M1!!!rampancy 1/31/05 3:48 a.m.
                                   Re: I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 9:01 a.m.
                                         Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 4:04 p.m.
                                               Re: I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 6:29 p.m.
                             Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 4:34 a.m.
                                   Re: I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 9:00 a.m.
                                         Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 11:07 a.m.
                                               Re: I beat M1!!!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 1:29 p.m.
                                   Re: I beat M1!!!Dr. John Sumner 1/31/05 10:37 a.m.
                                         Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 11:03 a.m.
                                               Re: I beat M1!!!Sidoj 1/31/05 12:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: I beat M1!!! *NM*Sidoh 1/31/05 12:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: I beat M1!!!Sidoh 1/31/05 12:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: I beat M1!!!Dr. John Sumner 1/31/05 2:00 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I beat M1!!!Sidoh 1/31/05 3:25 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I beat M1!!!Dr. John Sumner 1/31/05 3:50 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 3:54 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I beat M1!!!Sidoh 1/31/05 5:04 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 6:14 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I beat M1!!!Dr. John Sumner 2/1/05 2:26 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I beat M1!!!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 4:08 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: I beat M1!!!blake37 2/1/05 2:57 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: I beat M1!!!Simon of team Sigma 2/1/05 3:53 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I beat M1!!!Sidoh 2/1/05 11:12 a.m.
     Re: I beat M1!!!K-chi 1/31/05 1:43 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.