/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Sacking of Troy
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 8/17/04 6:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken (Dr. John Sumner)

Ok, here are the changes I made so far to this level:

Opening room:
Fixed a bug in the left tower so now there are a few hunters there that will fire (in previous versions they did nothing so I just took them out). To even the battle a little, I removed the invisible compilers and about 4 fighters from the courtyard.
Removed 2 of the 4 trees so that you have more room to dodge and the hunters have a more clear shot to take at you :)

"The Gauntlet":
Moved the inner gate switch closer so it can be fisted. Also, the gate is a one shot deal and once the switch has been activated, it cannot be deactivated.

Square hallways:
Narrowed the lava pits so nothing *should* get stuck in them.
Removed the elevator portion to the right guard tower (never really liked it anyhow). In its place is a 1X recharger that requires great agility to get to without being burned. A fair compromise I believe.
Added a PB at the corner caddycorner to the terminal corner.

Dark 2X room:
Removed one of the three invisible compilers plus messed around with the poly types so that the compilers will stay in that room. Also fixed the door so that it stays open unless the switch is activated again.

"Old PB room":
Removed some of the redundant fighters. Steve, if I understood you correctly it was this hallway that you were having problems with. Well, the troopers in there actually originate from the lava square hallways and the compilers came from the 2x room. The troopers may still go in there but there are few fighters so it won't be as crowded plus the invisible compilers should stay in their room unless the player lets them out of the door he opens.

I think that's all for now, I may have forgotten some minor things.
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - The Sacking of Troy (Part 1)Steve Levinson 8/17/04 10:01 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - The Sacking of Troy (Part 1)Dr. John Sumner 8/17/04 11:19 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - The Sacking of Troy (Part 1)Steve Levinson 8/17/04 11:31 a.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - The Sacking of Troy (Part 1)Dr. John Sumner 8/17/04 11:48 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/17/04 2:55 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenDr. John Sumner 8/17/04 3:49 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Sacking of Troymattschenk 8/17/04 6:41 p.m.
                             This sounds good - I'd be happy to try it out *NM*Steve Levinson 8/17/04 6:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.