/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Fun with scenario writing!
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/28/04 12:12 p.m.

So today at lunch, I realized that Eternal Chapter 1 was missing a level, story-wise: before level 8 could happen, destroying Hathor in Tycho's core, you would need to seal her off in the core, similar to levels 5 and 6 in the failure timeline of that chapter.

I realized that this would have the added benefit of making ch1 an even 10 levels, split into symmetrical thirds: 3 intro levels, a turning point at level 4, and two alternate 3-level timelines. I kinda like this, so I want to do this for the other four chapters as well.

And then I thought, since we have so many bright story people here, why not turn it into a fun little project? How would some of you like to write a level for Eternal? Not even build it (unless you want to), just write it? Take a look at the story synopsis:

http://eternal.psyjnir.net/story.php

And look at level 8 for each chapter (besides chapter 1). Read the story around it, and think of a good basis for a level to occur immediately before or after it. Keep in mind that level 8 occurs directly after level 4 - 5, 6, and 7 are an alternate timeline branch off from level 4 too. Post the ideas here and we can all discuss them. Sound fun?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Fun with scenario writing!Forrest of B.org 5/28/04 12:12 p.m.
     Re: Fun with scenario writing!Ernie 5/28/04 12:31 p.m.
           Re: Fun with scenario writing!Forrest of B.org 5/28/04 12:57 p.m.
                 Re: Fun with scenario writing!ThatOneGuy 5/30/04 6:47 p.m.
                       Re: Fun with scenario writing!Forrest of B.org 5/31/04 9:04 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.