/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Rubicon Volunteers - Rozinante VII
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/29/02 3:39 p.m.

When we last left off with the main story, before our little diversion to Hell Pfhor You, we had infiltrated the Dangi sector on the UESC Salinger in 10001 Nordic Nerds, been abducted by the rampant, sociopathic AI, Lysander, and transported to the brig of a Pfhor ship in Exit Door Leads In, from which Durandal rescued us in A Long Walk off a Short Pier. Now we’re back, safe and sound on board the Rozinante. But wait a minute – we’re under attack!

Welcome home. Apparently, the pfhor surrender after the initial attack was just a way to buy time until they could find what they came for . . . Yes, I know the Rozinante is being invaded by the pfhor. It's nothing my S'pht can't handle. Just ignore them. . .

That’s easy for Durandal to say! It’s virtually impossible to pick up your weapons without fighting the Pfhor. But then, Durandal almost certainly knows this, and he knows how much you love fighting the Pfhor – he just wants to be sure that you don’t become preoccupied when you have a more urgent mission to attend to. But do take a look around, even if it means fighting a few Pfhor. This is the only level in the Salinger Plank that gives you full access to the Rozinante – at least to the part of it that we can see. For what started out as a small area with a stasis chamber and some terminals, this is actually a fairly decent size ship. Anyway, once you pick up your weapons, Durandal briefs you:

The pfhor have what they came for. I hope it isn't what I think it is. We need to stop them from taking it back to Pfhor Prime, or worse, from sending it to Earth. I'm teleporting you aboard the N'far'l, the flagship of Battle Group 3, where I need you to locate the bridge of the ship. . .

What in the world could The Pfhor have that Durandal is worried about? Why the Achilles virus, of course! But what’s this about Battle Group 3? I thought that Durandal said that they only sent a small fleet – not an entire battle group, so as not to attract attention. I guess that they either sent only a part of BG 3 or, more likely, the Salinger attack force rendezvoused with BG 3 – after all, now that the Pfhor have the Achilles virus, they’ll stop at nothing to protect it. This is, after all, their only hope of winning the war. So it’s off to Not *This* Again, where we’ll help Durandal keep the Pfhor from getting away.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.