/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Hot bidding on eBay
Posted By: PhilDate: 12/19/01 2:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Hot bidding on eBay (Tru7h)

Well, the truth is that it was never really my intention to win both auctions. But I've been looking for a copy of TBS for some time now, and when the first complete, if previously opened, copy popped up on eBay I saw my chance to grab it. Then an even better never-opened copy became available, and I decided that I'd really rather have that. So I began bidding again, thinking I would quickly be outbid on the first copy. But that never happened.

However, I now have a couple ideas about what I will do with two copies. It might be nice to have one open copy for my own enjoyment (i.e. stickers and the scrapbook which I've never seen). And I think I will try to use my location and the fact that I'm a member of the Northwest Halo Players to my advantage, and see how many members of the original Marathon team I can get to sign the never-opened copy. Luckily I already got Doug "VoB" Zartman to sign my original Infinity CD.

But plans can change, and in the spirit of the season, I'm more than willing to lose an auction if it means someone else can take this classic home for the holidays. So feel free to bid away.

All the best,
-Phil.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hot bidding on eBayHamish Sinclair 12/17/01 11:40 a.m.
     Re: Hot bidding on eBayTru7h 12/17/01 11:46 a.m.
     Re: Hot bidding on eBayPhil 12/17/01 11:53 a.m.
           Re: Hot bidding on eBayTru7h 12/19/01 10:47 a.m.
                 Re: Hot bidding on eBayPhil 12/19/01 2:04 p.m.
                       Re: Hot bidding on eBayTru7h 12/19/01 4:12 p.m.
                             Re: Hot bidding on eBayPhil 12/19/01 9:46 p.m.
                                   Re: Hot bidding on eBayTru7h 12/20/01 10:41 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.