/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Great Marathon Endings
Posted By: Ernie TMBMDate: 12/5/01 6:59 p.m.

In Response To: all roads lead to ... (Ben Potter)

Well, I found my most revered ending to a scenario other than the original Trilogy's would have to be Marathon:Rubicon. After working my way all the way to and past both endings, I was always mesmerized by the soothing ghostly music that was found at the dream like 'end' levels (for both time lines) as I wandered the dead space station... that gradually seems to have been sliced into pieces... and then falling into the sky/space to read a ghostly terminal cryptically mentioning what had happened. Of course that's only one of the endings.... After I finished watching the final game image scroll down to the bottom, I just stared at the screen for a long, long time.
Possibly I just got far too into it, but it was a very magical experience... being able to play such a great 3rd party scenario.

I was not able to play Tempest Irae 2, but I'd like to look into playing it, and any other good Marathon scenarios I've missed. I'd love it if someone would put together a service of being able to buy (for cost of postage + time to burn CD + cd's cost, so not to infringe on any of the authors copyright) a Cd(s?) full of the best Marathon Scenarios. That way, we without CDburners and a high speed connection would be able to have Marathon in all its 3rd party glory.

:)

Regards,
Ernie TMBM

: Actually, the ending that impressed me most was "All Roads Lead to
: Sol...". I admit, I like Asimov (all roads lead to Trantor), so it
: always gave me visions of grander things just out of our vision, lost in
: the mists of spacetime. The ambient sounds, the entire atmosphere just fit
: perfectly with the very nice, compact storyline of M2. I got a similar
: feeling when I first played Aye Mac Sikur, but as I didn't quite
: understand what was going on until later, it didn't have the impact of M2s
: ending. As far as Third party scenarios, I am fond of Lost Levels, as well
: as the (secret) ending of Tempus Irae.

: Ben

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Great Marathon EndingsSteve Levinson 12/5/01 2:28 p.m.
     all roads lead to ...Ben Potter 12/5/01 2:57 p.m.
           Re: Great Marathon EndingsErnie TMBM 12/5/01 6:59 p.m.
                 Re: Great Marathon EndingsGuitarbloke 12/8/01 7:19 p.m.
                       Red=good! >I loved that insane rampage level *NM*Ernie TMBM 12/9/01 5:53 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.