/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon loyalty
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 12/5/01 2:05 p.m.

In Response To: Marathon loyalty (Tru7h)

: ok now even true we know (more or less) what the marine is (cyborg), wy do he
: help durandal so much. wy is he so loyal to his kidnapper (im gonna punch
: anybody that says stockholm syndrom:)

Sorry, but I think that's what it was. Consider in M2 that Durandal offers the Bobs the choice of fighting him or returning to the unreliable stasis chambers, and that few refused. My interpretation is that the marine had no choice - obey Durandal or die (really die - with no possibility of reincarnation). All of your other ideas are good ones and certainly possible given the history related in M1's terminals, but I think the matter is rather moot, as there would have been no game if the marine decided to refuse to help Durandal. On the other hand, I would point out that the marine was just as happy to fight and destroy Durandal in Moo once he had the power to do so, which kind of refutes your arguments.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon loyaltyTru7h 12/5/01 1:09 p.m.
     Re: Marathon loyaltySteve Levinson 12/5/01 2:05 p.m.
           Re: Marathon loyaltyTru7h 12/5/01 4:03 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon loyalty[Tycho?] 12/6/01 11:30 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon loyaltyTru7h 12/6/01 12:03 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon loyaltyAhruman 12/6/01 1:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon loyaltyMark Levin 12/6/01 2:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon loyaltyTru7h 12/6/01 2:32 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon loyaltyTru7h 12/6/01 2:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon loyaltyGuitarbloke 12/8/01 7:26 p.m.
     Re: Marathon loyaltyTheocracity 12/6/01 8:59 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.