/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)
Posted By: Miguel ChavezDate: 12/4/01 7:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers) (Hamish Sinclair)

: Aye PID was pretty unique in this respect. I'm not aware of any other 1stPP
: shooter where you can revisit most of the levels. Sure some people
: complained about trudging back trough old levels but it was part of the
: gameplay. If you got stuck at some point you could always go back to a
: previous level and ask a dead guy more information to solve your present
: problem. Often it worked.

: I'm afraid my memory is hazy about Myth. What levels were revisited again?

: Cheers
: Hamish

There was a level or two in Myth 1 that was revisited in Myth 2. A teleporter you had to destroy in the first had to be put back together in the second, and so on. The only discernible change is monster placement and 'seasonal' foliage. :)

Aye, like the others above said, I'm not speaking about a 'persistent' world per se, although there is some persistence within a level. ( I haven't been able to figure out what triggers certain objects/bodies to stay and others to disappear.) I'm speaking about going thru one level (going down) and then later having to revisit the level as you leave (going back up to the surface). The rooms are more or less clear of bodies, although you do find alot of 'refuse and corpses' since part of the storyline is that the flood has been killing/infecting every sentient being in site.

Personally, I didn't find it too repetitious... Rafi and I find it an exercise in skill. As you're coming back, the enemies are much tougher, and what ever cockiness you may have thinking "Oh, I've done this already, it should be a breeze" is quickly eliminated when the first wave of both Flood AND Covenant start to bear down on your head. :-)

We're currently co-oping some levels in Legendary, and boy are we having to readjust our strategies. :-)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Air of grievences (Spoilers)Alfred Mordeir 12/3/01 6:32 p.m.
     Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Miguel Chavez 12/4/01 3:37 a.m.
           Feats of Strength (Spoilers)Alfred Mordeir 12/4/01 7:32 a.m.
                 Re: Feats of Strength (Spoilers)Hamish Sinclair 12/4/01 7:58 a.m.
                       Re: Feats of Strength (Spoilers)Hippieman [B.Org] 12/4/01 8:23 a.m.
                       Revisting Levels...Pfhor 12/4/01 9:56 a.m.
                 Taking a deep breath :)Miguel Chavez 12/4/01 9:17 p.m.
           Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Hamish Sinclair 12/4/01 8:12 a.m.
                 Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Miguel Chavez 12/4/01 7:00 p.m.
                       Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Jason Yates 12/4/01 8:03 p.m.
                             Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Inverted Sock Puppet 12/4/01 8:15 p.m.
                                   Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Jason Yates 12/4/01 8:37 p.m.
                                         Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)amongmyselves 12/5/01 6:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Ahruman 12/5/01 1:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Air of grievences (Spoilers)Alfred Mordeir 12/5/01 9:13 a.m.
           WARNING!!!!Mega Mega Spoiler*Alfred Mordeir 12/5/01 11:57 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.