/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Volunteers: Bagged Again
Posted By: David CurryDate: 12/4/01 10:02 a.m.

In Response To: Volunteers: Bagged Again (Mark Levin)

: The terminal is interesting... Tycho's last message to the Marine before he
: sends him off to face the souped-up Pfhor on YTYBT. He tells us about what
: we've done in vague terms, and mentions the great power we seem to wield
: now, and our doubt in ourselves and our rightness. Do you doubt that what
: you are doing is right? The Marine has been switching sides so much he's
: lost count, and he's killed Bobs as often as Pfhor in his quest to defuse
: the situation. Do the ends justify the means?

"'The ends justify the means.' 'Where there is no justification, there is no end. There is only means.'"

"If there is no justice, then how can the ends justify the means? Take that wax, for example, (I've started to ramble on now just like on the subway, and she is looking at me with that same look of hostility, bordering on the old familiar meaningless uncommunicative scream) when the candle was lit, did it know that in the end it was going to burn down to nothing and disappear into the air? You lit the candle to get the light from it. Your end was to have my asparagus and carrot cabin lit by this light. You used the candle as a means to obtain this. Does the light justify the destruction of the candle? What is justification to a piece of wax?"

I really need to post about that in another thread and stop polluting the Volunteers series with it. Ah well, it relates somehow. I suppose I could always blame Mark Levin ;-) for mentioning justification but I don't want him to stop. Keep up the good work!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: Bagged AgainMark Levin 12/3/01 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainTycho7en 12/3/01 2:47 p.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDavid Curry 12/4/01 9:50 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Bagged Again[Tycho?] 12/4/01 11:34 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainMark Levin 12/4/01 1:00 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainAhruman 12/5/01 9:49 a.m.
                             Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainTru7h 12/5/01 12:48 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDan Aris 12/4/01 11:57 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDavid Curry 12/4/01 10:02 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainMark Levin 12/4/01 10:21 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainSiliconDream =PN= 12/8/01 3:12 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged Againarchon 12/8/01 10:28 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDavid Curry 12/8/01 2:24 p.m.
                             Re: Durandal and ThothCharlesS 12/8/01 5:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Durandal and ThothDavid Curry 12/8/01 6:44 p.m.
                                         Re: Durandal and ThothCharlesS 12/8/01 9:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Durandal and ThothShnu 12/10/01 7:58 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainSiliconDream =PN= 12/8/01 9:47 p.m.
                                   "Bagged Again," againCallie21V 12/10/01 11:01 a.m.
                                         Re: "Bagged Again," againMark Levin 12/10/01 11:08 a.m.
                                               Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/10/01 4:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: "Bagged Again," againMark Levin 12/10/01 5:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/10/01 6:33 p.m.
                                                                 Re: "Bagged Again," againCharlesS 12/11/01 12:06 a.m.
                                                                       Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/11/01 2:06 a.m.
                                                                             Re: "Bagged Again," againHamish Sinclair 12/11/01 3:04 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/11/01 11:42 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.