/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Volunteers: Bagged Again
Posted By: Tycho7enDate: 12/3/01 2:47 p.m.

In Response To: Volunteers: Bagged Again (Mark Levin)

"I've so far held you back from my rantings..."

Of course, every time Tycho starts ranting, his own downfall tends come shortly thereafter... with the possible exception of M1.

"...but you know what you did was bad, don't you? You've been fighting doubt itself, elusive as I am."

Seems that Tycho's treating the player like his pet in that first sentence. As for "doubt"...

"You should have doubts about what you're doing, about what you've done.

Except that you can't remember exactly, is that it?"

Remember? I kind of got that feeling like I'm in a dream0like haze through Blood Tides of Lh'owon. What he means by "you can't remember exactly" is a bit hard to understand... what do we know about the player's memory? Well, one thing that he might be alluding to is the fact that we're thrown into parallel universes with just the blink of an eye, almost unable to tell what exactly happened to make things happen the way they did... until we're given more backgroud, later. Or maybe it's just that whole "destiny" theme. Come to think of it, it's quite likely that's what it is that we can't "remember". Before Marathon, we just thought that we were a security guard that was really good at his job...

Doubts? Is it possible that he's telling us that we should feel guilty for changing events... changing destiny, almost playing God?

"I should spend some time enlightening you, massacres occur at your beck and call, worlds destroyed, reborn, alight with the screams of the dying. Perhaps S'bhuth will tell you what I cannot accept as truth, but perhaps he will just be lying, overcome by power and deceit, my domain."

What does S'bhuth know? Did we ever speak to him, previously? Coudl he have been that Jjaro thing that's been uber-cryptic though this whole campaign? Maybe I'm just reading in to this too much...

"Enough rambling for now. Soon you will be destroyed by doubt. This reborn Durandal-S'pht entity will not escape, neither will I. Neither will you."

"Destroyed by doubt"... destroyed by guilt, or destroyed by consequence?

"Do you know what kind of hat I'm wearing?

A party hat; you don't get one. An honor will this party be, a party in your honor, for your honor."

For our honor... I take it that Tycho doesn't think much of it. And at this point, seeing as to how many times we've been backstabbing our many masters (for the greater good of the universe)... to an extent, I don't blame that "fool".

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: Bagged AgainMark Levin 12/3/01 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainTycho7en 12/3/01 2:47 p.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDavid Curry 12/4/01 9:50 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Bagged Again[Tycho?] 12/4/01 11:34 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainMark Levin 12/4/01 1:00 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainAhruman 12/5/01 9:49 a.m.
                             Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainTru7h 12/5/01 12:48 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDan Aris 12/4/01 11:57 a.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDavid Curry 12/4/01 10:02 a.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainMark Levin 12/4/01 10:21 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainSiliconDream =PN= 12/8/01 3:12 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged Againarchon 12/8/01 10:28 a.m.
                       Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainDavid Curry 12/8/01 2:24 p.m.
                             Re: Durandal and ThothCharlesS 12/8/01 5:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Durandal and ThothDavid Curry 12/8/01 6:44 p.m.
                                         Re: Durandal and ThothCharlesS 12/8/01 9:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Durandal and ThothShnu 12/10/01 7:58 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteers: Bagged AgainSiliconDream =PN= 12/8/01 9:47 p.m.
                                   "Bagged Again," againCallie21V 12/10/01 11:01 a.m.
                                         Re: "Bagged Again," againMark Levin 12/10/01 11:08 a.m.
                                               Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/10/01 4:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: "Bagged Again," againMark Levin 12/10/01 5:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/10/01 6:33 p.m.
                                                                 Re: "Bagged Again," againCharlesS 12/11/01 12:06 a.m.
                                                                       Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/11/01 2:06 a.m.
                                                                             Re: "Bagged Again," againHamish Sinclair 12/11/01 3:04 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: "Bagged Again," againSiliconDream =PN= 12/11/01 11:42 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.