/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Volunteers: A Converted Church in Venice, Ital
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 11/30/01 1:36 p.m.

In Response To: Volunteers: A Converted Church in Venice, Italy (Mark Levin)

: Secondly, there is
: a secret here that I have no idea how to get: If you hit the switch and
: head off to the left of the elevator, you will find a room filled with
: Assimilated Bobs, and a door that will open, long after you're dead, to
: reveal an elevator up to a room full of Super Shield powerups.

This one is *very* hard to get, but it can be done. Too bad I never saved a film of me doing it. You cannot survive under the lava long enough for the door to open to the secret elevator. You *can* however, return here with 3X shields *after* you have flooded the tunnels with lava. Here's how I do it. First of all, I recommend exiting by swimming/running up to the ledge with the assimilated Bobs and the ton of ammo. BTW, standing next to the ledg and using your fusion pistol to hit the lava switch saves a lot of swimming and shield strength to help take out those Bobs. Once you've collected the ammo, jump back down into the volcano, recharge your shields to 2X strength and save your game if you wish. Next, rocket jump back up to the ledge where you started the level, which is the same ledge that the main shaft leads to, and take out the multitude of Bobs there. You need to be good to do this on TC, as you'll have minimal shields left after your rocket jump. Finally, recharge your shields to 3X and dive back down the main shaft, swim-side-stepping as soon as you clear the shaft. If you're fast and accurate, you'll reach the elevator and ride it out of the lava just as your shields become depleted. Now you can grab an invincibility and head to the nearest term to teleport out, but what a waste of invincibility, using it at the beginning of Son of Grendal. I suppose you *could* try this earlier in the level and do it repeatedly, but I'm not sure to what advantage. I guess this is just one of those secrets that you need to prove to yourself that you can do.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: A Converted Church in Venice, ItalyMark Levin 11/30/01 1:05 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers: A Converted Church in Venice, ItalHamish Sinclair 11/30/01 1:28 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers: A Converted Church in Venice, ItalSteve Levinson 11/30/01 1:36 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.