/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

What About the 3rdparty story Parallels?
Posted By: Ernie TMBMDate: 11/29/01 6:20 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroes (Mark Levin)

Well I thankyou Steve in you post for your thoughts. I agreed with you regarding Marathon:Rubicon. I can understand though Mark how you dislike looping storylines. They can become tedious...
I thought that Rubicon did imitate Minf very closely, but actually improved on the wackiness of Minf's timetraval/reality hopping storyline to a degree.

Out of the many 3rd party scenarios, I'd like to compile a LIST of the greater scenarios that deserve additions to a possible web page I can construct in all my 'free time™'. :-)
My list [in no s p e c i f i c order] is:
-Marathon:Rubicon
-Marathon: Evil
-Marathon: Trojan
-Return to Marathon [although more than slightly confusing... Durandal.. not dead..or? And how does the marine how does the Marine get 'time off' to go visit the Marathon? Even if that Computer A.I Egon brought him there..]
Tempest Irae
Marathon: Red

That's the extents of what I can think of now, (and the ones i can spell.. others have 'inventive' spellings of the games names. :] ) but the list is not over.

Please, post your additions to the list of great 3rd party scenarios AND any plot tie ins you can remember/determine. After that has been determined, possibly we can try to find if there is any way to construct SOME kind of time line for these scenarios.

That very well may be impossible, due to some taking place in alternate universes...

Other may actually tie into the the Original Marathon, (such as Marathon:Red with the 13th Mjolnir from Marathon;assumed stolen or dead...?)

With Marathon: Trojan, --> (where every ones British [just had to add that in there.. all the BOB voices are British accents attached to them]). --> it has loose relations to M1, but even stronger ones to Marathon: Evil.
For a speel about that:
To the *b e s t* of my memory... at the end of Trojan, Cain the computer A.I has the Marine (just a normal marine with some neural implants) capture a ship... the ‘Hellraiser’ sounds familiar... and leads it into a spacial rift. It is being chased by another UESC ship. That's how Trojan ends. Sorry for a spoiler. :-p
How Marathon: Evil BEGINS is your ship is on alert as it is being pulled into a spacial rift... tailing a ship i think called Hellraiser. :)
The marine in Marathon: Evil isn't the one we know... I can only assume he was another of the Mjolnir marines.. and if that is true, it also means that Marathon: Evil takes place slightly after, or slightly before M1. But that still doesn't explain the weaponry....

Well, post post post away people. :)

Again, thanks for your input.
Regards,
Ernie TMBM

: I disagree with the plot stuff... Rubicon has some nice tricks and very good
: mapmaking, but I don't like what they did with the plot at all. Nonlinear
: stories to me are quite annoying, especially when (as in MI, Rubicon, and
: the lesser-known M1 scenario Operation Tantalus) they contain loops. Also,
: Rubicon's use of dreams struck me as an imitation, and not a particularly
: good one. They seem to have tried to match Infinity point for point, which
: was not a particularly good idea as they ended up duplicating its flaws as
: well.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Infinity's StoryTynskel 11/25/01 1:14 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Infinity's StorySNoblitt 11/25/01 1:58 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Infinity's StoryMazilurik 11/25/01 5:06 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Infinity's StoryCharlesS 11/26/01 7:43 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Infinity's StoryMazilurik 11/27/01 3:40 a.m.
     Re: Marathon InfinityMazilurik 11/25/01 2:03 p.m.
           Re: Marathon InfinityMark Levin 11/25/01 2:49 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon InfinityRahmeve 11/25/01 9:47 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Infinity[Tycho?] 11/26/01 11:30 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon InfinityJed Reinert 11/26/01 12:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon InfinitySteve Levinson 11/29/01 2:16 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon InfinityBen Potter 11/29/01 5:00 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon InfinityTru7h 11/26/01 8:33 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon InfinityDorfie 11/28/01 11:14 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon InfinityTru7h 11/28/01 4:51 p.m.
     Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroesErnie TMBM 11/28/01 12:36 p.m.
           Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroes (spMark Levin 11/28/01 1:35 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroes (spTru7h 11/28/01 4:54 p.m.
           Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroesMazilurik 11/28/01 2:30 p.m.
                 Response to: 'Unung Heroes' posts -ErnieErnie TMBM 11/29/01 4:31 a.m.
                       Rubicon spoilers if anyone cares about that *NM*Andrew Nagy 11/29/01 8:03 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroesmrodar 11/29/01 2:34 p.m.
           Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroesSteve Levinson 11/29/01 3:08 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon: Lest we forget the unsung heroesMark Levin 11/29/01 3:53 p.m.
                       What About the 3rdparty story Parallels?Ernie TMBM 11/29/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: What About the 3rdparty story Parallels?Steve Levinson 11/29/01 7:16 p.m.
                                   Re: What About the 3rdparty story Parallels?Ernie TMBM0 12/2/01 7:25 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.