/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Finished HALO! (VSS and Spoilers)
Posted By: Mr. SharumpeDate: 11/26/01 7:50 a.m.

In Response To: Finished HALO! (VSS and Spoilers) (Jonathan Souza)

: More Halo games out, soon Bungie! And, more games in this universe, I like.
: Hell, you have a good enough engine now, why not re-release Marathon and
: Marathon 2 on the X-Box? ;-)

Can you imagine? That would be great! The Lo'howon bits could be so beautiful. I'd love to see this, but I'd rather have more Halo games, if we can't have both. :)

Personally, I like Bungie's AI fixation - but I was expecting more of a tie-in, I guess. Some things that didn't match up for me were the placement of the Marathon's logo on both the Pillar of Autumn (on the side, seen during the last chapter) and on the front of the Monitor (the 'camera' lens). Also, if you read the Cortana Letters (I'm sure they're on the Story site somewhere), Cortana herself seems much more, well, sinister, or at the very least she seems less logical than she turned out to be. When she entered Halo's core, I thought sure she was about to go 'rampant', and we'd be sent all over the ring on missions that would probably get us killed, with her taunting us the whole way. Nope. I don't mind, though, the story bits turned out fine. Just not as many hard links to Marathon as I was expecting based on 'hints' dropped during the infinite wait for this excellent game.

Finally, one last observation - UESC and UNSC are close - are we in one of the alternate universes from M:I?

Mr. Sharumpe

Marathon Renaissance

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Finished HALO! (VSS and Spoilers)Jonathan Souza 11/13/01 9:43 p.m.
     I looked! ;-) (nt) *NM*Hamish Sinclair 11/13/01 10:11 p.m.
     Re: Finished HALO! (VSS and Spoilers)Mr. Sharumpe 11/26/01 7:50 a.m.
           Re: Finished HALO! (VSS and Spoilers)Hippieman [B.Org] 11/26/01 9:00 a.m.
                 Re: Finished HALO! (VSS and Spoilers)Soliptic 11/26/01 9:24 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.