/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: MARATHON RIDDLE
Posted By: LindorferDate: 11/21/01 9:59 p.m.

In Response To: MARATHON RIDDLE (Alfred Mordeir)

Tough indeed.

My first thought was Boomer. The ship did change sides (though it didn't end up "comming from ALL sides") and Durandel introduced the Pfhor to the "magic of orbital bombardment" with it, which could be raining down fire. But after a little more thought the S'pht'Kr might be closer to the mark.

: I should be red, alas I'm yellow.

The S'pht have yellow terminal text, though I'm not sure why they should be red. Perhaps being red is an allusion to the red sands of Lh'owon, or slavery to the Pfhor and Tycho?

: I come from all sides.

The S'pht'Kr clan was to return (come?) when the remaining ten clans (all sides?) united again. Or maybe you're making refference to the S'pht's wide ranging relations the parties involved in the story. They were created by Yrro (a Jjaro?), phisically related to the Fl'ckta, enslaved by the Pfhor and freed by Durandel, which could also be "coming from all sides". Honestly, I have no idea.

: I am the tool of the tool,

The S'pht'Kr were fetched back by Durandel and he useed them (as a tool) to help him defeat the Pfhor, and as Andrew suggested Durandel is a tool of Roland... Maybe?

: servant to the masters,

This is the one that got me going on the S'pht.
(Six Thousand Feet Under: Terminal 4) "Yrro and Pthia settled upon Lh'owon. They brought the S'pht, servants who began to shape the deserts of Lh'owon into marsh and sea... Yrro became an angry master"

: and fist of the righteous raining down fire,

The return of the S'pht'Kr at the end of M2 could certainly be "fists of the righteous raining down fire"

: though I did not always do so.

Lastly, though the S'pht'Kr fight at the end of M2, during the wars between the S'pht clans they were reclusive and solitary, choosing not to fight (or rain fire) but insteasd abandoned Lh'owon and went forth to K'lia.

: what am I?

The S'pht'Kr... Or may be you're a Simulacrum with your dirty yellow blood? Ther're Everywhere!... er, wait no... I'll stick with the S'pht'Kr.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

MARATHON RIDDLEAlfred Mordeir 11/16/01 6:38 a.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLEnamu 11/16/01 9:42 a.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLEAndrew Nagy 11/16/01 4:56 p.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLEAndrew Nagy 11/18/01 2:22 p.m.
           Re: MARATHON RIDDLEAlfred Mordeir 11/18/01 4:33 p.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLEDan Aris 11/19/01 7:55 a.m.
     OKAY, YOU GUYS LOOK LIKE YOU NEED A HINTAlfred Mordeir 11/19/01 10:05 a.m.
           Re: OKAY, YOU GUYS LOOK LIKE YOU NEED A HINTStill Thinking 11/19/01 11:33 a.m.
                 Not the player, sorry :-pAlfred Mordeir 11/19/01 4:52 p.m.
                       Re: Not the player, sorry :-pStill Thinking 11/20/01 12:07 p.m.
     Re: MARATHON RIDDLELindorfer 11/21/01 9:59 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.