/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: How to get AlephOne to work with Windows
Posted By: LophanDate: 10/23/01 9:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Mac Emulators and Marathon (Johannes Gunnar)

: well i tried to use SDL thingy to get AI to work on my pc but NOTHING, i
: tried to ask many ppl but no answer, anyone here that can help me and tell
: me everything to do to get A1 to work on my pc i would be very thankful

(in case you don't know what AlephOne is, goto source.bungie.org and grab the Windows port of the AlephOne application)

Your problem is likely the same as the MAJORITY of people who have problems with the SDL/Windows port... they should put this in the FAQ.

I'm assuming you're using WinZip to decompress the archive, and if you're like me, you can't stand the "Wizard" mode and use the classic interface instead, right? That, my friend, is the problem:

When you use the classic interface, the directory tree gets all screwed up with files not being in the correct location and you end up double-clicking on the AlephOne app and getting nothing. If you use the WIZARD mode for Winzip, the directory structure will stay intact and provided you have the shapes/map/music/etc... files in the same directory as the app, you should be good to go.

If plays GREAT on my wuss-machine so if you've got some horsepower it should run even smoother.

Sorry so long...

-Loph
lophan@bungie.org

http://myth.bungie.org

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Mac Emulators and MarathonJeff Nosanov 10/22/01 2:19 p.m.
     Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonIron Raptor 10/22/01 9:28 p.m.
           Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonJohannes Gunnar 10/23/01 8:50 a.m.
                 Re: How to get AlephOne to work with WindowsLophan 10/23/01 9:29 a.m.
                       Re: How to get AlephOne to work with WindowsJohannes Gunnar 10/23/01 9:41 a.m.
     Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonCaptain Kewl 10/23/01 4:46 a.m.
           Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonLophan 10/23/01 9:22 a.m.
                 Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonJohannes Gunnar 10/23/01 9:58 a.m.
                       Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonBrian Dubick 10/23/01 10:01 a.m.
                             Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonLophan 10/23/01 11:40 a.m.
                                   Re: Mac Emulators and MarathonCaptain Kewl 10/23/01 1:27 p.m.
                                         Macintosh ROM imagesJeff 10/25/01 2:29 p.m.
                                               Re: Macintosh ROM imagesCaptain Kewl 10/28/01 11:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Macintosh ROM images *NM*Jorge 8/14/03 8:16 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.