/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Oh, I'm sorry did I break your conversation...
Posted By: Vaxuum BOBDate: 10/22/03 2:31 a.m.

In Response To: Re: trepeget and mangonel (hffgh)

: gg Fuck
This is actually a rather amusing response... Among the many ways of understanding it, one would be: "gg" stands for "good game" as in a way of reckognizing the valour or worth of an opponent after having been beaten to the pulp whilst playing online (you might not have guessed it, but this often happens to me); whereas "Fuck" should be in this case understood as a sobriquet , a nickname of some sort, this deduction being made of the capital first letter of the word. Then again, if I refer to the case I described above, it seems highly probable that the word was the expression of some hidden emotion lurking in the depths of the loser's conscience. I would know, I'm used to using it myself.
What I fail to understand, however, is why this particular phrase was posted in response to that particular post...

"
    It's been a loooong time since I had to learn this, but didn't it happen that in medieval days the first recorded chemical warfare was waged when someone or other launched people (dead ones, you would hope!) who had the bubonic plague over the wall of their enemies, infesting the keep/city/whateveritwas with the deadly black plague. Probably not relevant but perhaps worth noting is the fact that they were launched with trebuchet... *shrugs* you never know!
    "

Well, beats me.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie New Game (Gossip)REB 12/24/01 4:06 p.m.
     reading this my brain hurt makes *NM*Yossarian 12/24/01 7:08 p.m.
     Sounds like Phoenix to me... *NM*7revor Smith 12/24/01 8:48 p.m.
           Re: Sounds like Phoenix to me...[Tycho?] 12/26/01 5:19 p.m.
                 trepeget and mangonel•M 12/27/01 8:22 p.m.
                       Re: trepeget and mangonelDan Aris 12/29/01 8:52 a.m.
                             Re: trepeget and mangonelHamish Sinclair 12/29/01 10:17 a.m.
                                   Plagues & Seige-ThingosInky 1/1/02 4:37 a.m.
                                         TrebuchetsDjof 1/1/02 7:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Trebuchetsmark barry 8/14/03 6:34 a.m.
                                                     omg.. it's de Mark IV!!!!! :-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 8/14/03 11:07 a.m.
                                         Hair splittingAlfred Mordeir 1/1/02 4:39 p.m.
                                               Uh, yeah. What he said *points to alf* (NM) *NM*Inky 1/3/02 12:28 a.m.
                                   Re: trepeget and mangonelhffgh 10/20/03 10:20 p.m.
                                         Oh, I'm sorry did I break your conversation...Vaxuum BOB 10/22/03 2:31 a.m.
                                               Re: Oh, I'm sorry did I break your conversation...Scifiteki 10/22/03 9:09 p.m.
     Re: Bungie New Game (Gossip)Hamish Sinclair 12/24/01 11:37 p.m.
     Re: Bungie New Game (Gossip) *NM*Speaker-To-Animals 12/25/01 3:35 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.