/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...
Posted By: ScifitekiDate: 2/5/03 8:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters... (kiro69)

: Halo on Legendary is really hard, but it's satisfying to complete levels on
: that difficulty level. I hit an elite square in the chest with a SPNKr,
: and he didn't die. That's tough.

: Oh, yeah. Um... I hear about Marathon videos or movies... are those the saved
: replays of gameplay? I mean, the ones you view in Marathon? I'd like to
: see some videos. Can someone help me out over here?

They're a very odd, very Marathon-Only concept:
They're recored moves by you (Or whoever) which plays through the level, just like you did when you played.

This is really great, and really small, and generally works well, unless you're using AO. In which case, for various reasons (improved collision code, etc.) these films will work barely, if at all. I know the (supposedly) aleph films that come with Yota XV only work for a little while before breaking. If you're using Old-School infinity, you can head over the Borg archives or the fileball, there's a few good ones there. Otherwise, there's the vidmasters page (which I have forgotten the address of), and that has many good vid files there, to make you feel all insigificant.

HTH...

Service With A Smile: ),
Scifiteki

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/24/03 8:31 a.m.
     Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Boomer 1/24/03 8:44 a.m.
           Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Nicholai 1/24/03 11:07 a.m.
                 Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/24/03 11:38 a.m.
                 Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Steve Levinson 1/24/03 12:19 p.m.
                       Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/24/03 12:50 p.m.
                             Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Hamish Sinclair 1/25/03 12:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Vid Boi 1/25/03 5:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Rincewind MoG 1/25/03 9:06 a.m.
                                               Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/25/03 10:30 a.m.
                                               Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Todd 1/25/03 11:16 a.m.
                                                     Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/25/03 1:05 p.m.
                                                     Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...goran 1/25/03 2:27 p.m.
                                                           Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/25/03 11:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Todd 1/25/03 11:12 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/26/03 8:42 a.m.
                                                                             I think he was talking to Goran. *NM*DonPistola 1/26/03 8:54 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: I think he was talking to Goran.Simon Dupuis 1/26/03 9:11 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I think he was talking to Goran.goran 1/27/03 12:26 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I think he was talking to Goran.Simon Dupuis 1/27/03 8:37 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I think he was talking to Goran.goran 1/28/03 1:40 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I think he was talking to Goran.Simon Dupuis 1/28/03 8:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I think he was talking to Goran.Simon Dupuis 1/28/03 8:47 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I think he was talking to Goran.goran 1/28/03 11:11 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I think he was talking to Goran.Johannes Gunnar 1/31/03 11:02 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: I think he was talking to Goran.goran 2/1/03 10:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Tru7h 1/25/03 1:45 p.m.
                                               Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Vid Boi 1/25/03 3:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Tru7h 1/25/03 4:04 p.m.
                                                           Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...HamburgerBoy 1/25/03 11:11 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...ukimalefu 1/25/03 11:32 p.m.
     Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...The Goon 2/5/03 1:46 a.m.
           Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...kiro69 2/5/03 6:27 a.m.
                 Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Scifiteki 2/5/03 8:23 p.m.
                       Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...goran 2/5/03 11:28 p.m.
                             Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Scifiteki 2/6/03 11:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...goran 2/6/03 11:53 p.m.
                       Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...Hamish Sinclair 2/6/03 2:00 a.m.
                       Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...goran 2/25/03 1:35 a.m.
                 Re: Spazeroids and Vidmasters...DonPistola 2/6/03 3:50 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.