/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Durandal's first return to earth
Posted By: CybergeekDate: 1/13/03 7:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Durandal's first return to earth (Tru7h)

: well to prevent most of us geeks from going insane such things as up and down
: are compared to the galactic plane (wich is prety flat)

fair 'nuff

: ok now we know that leela's dates are squwered, wy? because the earth's
: biggest advantage (militarely speaking) is that the phor dont know where
: it is. (and you cant attack what you cant find) so when the 'thon was
: attacked leela scrambled her dates so that the phor would think earth was
: 89ly away. Thus forcing them to search a huge sphere and delaying the
: attack long enough for durandal to piss em off.

problems!

1) it's possible, in many s/f movies/books/games/etc to detect a radio signal after it's been sent. it's REALLY possible for the s'pht who're hacked into the Marathon's core (and therefore the cyborg Pfhor controlling them) to notice a power surge to the message-sending-dish (not radar, i dun think, but i'm not sure what else to call it :), and, if not intercept the message, at least figure out which way the dish is pointing, to within a few degrees.

heck, even an infantry member could do that...

2) "delaying the attack long enough for Durandal to piss 'em off" - this sounds to me as though you're basing at least some of your assumptions on the idea that Leela and Durandal were acting in concert...i'm not sure that they were. In fact, they had rather different goals. Leela's was to simply save the ship. Durandal's was ... well, read the pages :)

3) who says the pfhor haven't already covered a lot of that sphere? i seem to recall leela saying something about "pfhor ships in other nearby systems"...

just my $0.02

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Durandal's first return to earthSteve Levinson 1/10/03 10:45 a.m.
     Re: Durandal's first return to earthpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 12:32 p.m.
           Re: Durandal's first return to earthSteve Levinson 1/10/03 2:14 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal's first return to earth.. And stuffpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 3:40 p.m.
                       Re: Durandal's first return to earth.. And stuffOfficer 19502 1/13/03 3:45 a.m.
                             Re: Durandal's first return to earth.. And stuffSteve Levinson 1/13/03 9:33 a.m.
                                   Was Bernhard pulling more strings than we thought?Officer 19502 1/14/03 4:32 a.m.
                                         Re: Was Bernhard pulling more strings than we thoupoena.dare #CP# 1/14/03 4:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Was Bernhard pulling more strings than we thouOfficer 19502 1/15/03 3:08 a.m.
                                         Re: Was Bernhard pulling more strings than we thouCybergeek 1/14/03 9:51 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal's first return to earthCybergeek 1/10/03 7:29 p.m.
           Re: Durandal's first return to earthTru7h 1/12/03 1:38 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal's first return to earthCybergeek 1/12/03 4:31 p.m.
                       Re: Durandal's first return to earthTru7h 1/13/03 4:14 a.m.
                             Re: Durandal's first return to earthCybergeek 1/13/03 7:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Durandal's first return to earthTru7h 1/14/03 5:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Durandal's first return to earthpoena.dare #CP# 1/14/03 8:14 a.m.
                                               Re: Durandal's first return to earthTru7h 1/14/03 4:42 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.