/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Timeline, Bob, and You
Posted By: FinniganDate: 1/11/03 7:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Timeline, Bob, and You (Cybergeek)

: occam's razor - the simplest answer is usually the most accurate one. (i.e.
: Yes, there /could/ have been an isolated gust of wind that *just so
: happened* to pick the gun up off the table, point it at him, and push the
: trigger in enough to fire it. But, it's /far/ more likely that someone
: shot 'im.)

: them hypotheticals you listed is some pretty big 'uns - got any
: non-circumstantial grounding?

: not to mention, if you're a cyborg, you could easily: a) still have a human
: memory that couldn't be rewritten (evidenced from that one term with the
: personals ads, specifically the "<20% machine" part), or b)
: have a mechanical brain, but STILL not have it be rewritable (ie
: computers, even when turned off, have the same information on their hard
: drives as they do when they're on).

: Don't get the wrong idea - i think your stuff is quite plausible. at least,
: intuitively. i just enjoy playing devil's advocate, AND proof-reading (ye
: GODS, i need a life ;)

I am new to this series of games, but from what I understand Occam's razor does not apply in Bungie land.

No proof other than the actual distance to Tau Ceti and the fact that Leela played with the history reccords, and the number of generations of Bob's listed in the manual.

It's all theory. I was hoping others could help, but devil's advocate is ok too. I'm just affraid I am too new to the story to effectively defend my position with members intimate with the entire story.

Can you think of any evidence pro or contra?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 9:54 a.m.
     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 10:50 a.m.
           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 11:06 a.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 11:43 a.m.
                       Steve is wrong! OK, I lied - he's right. *NM*poena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 12:18 p.m.
                             Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 12:53 p.m.
                                   Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 5:20 p.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:09 p.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 4:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCybergeek 1/10/03 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/11/03 7:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCybergeek 1/12/03 4:57 p.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 5:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 8:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 9:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 10:23 a.m.
                             Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSneakyPete 1/16/03 5:49 p.m.
                                   Just because i'm boredTodd 1/17/03 2:08 a.m.
                                         Re: Just because i'm boredFinnigan 1/17/03 4:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Just because i'm boredTodd 1/17/03 2:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just because i'm boredYossarian 1/17/03 2:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just because i'm boredCybergeek 1/17/03 3:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Just because i'm boredCybergeek 1/17/03 3:01 p.m.
                                   Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouDonPistola 1/17/03 2:35 a.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/17/03 4:43 a.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/17/03 6:28 a.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/17/03 7:35 a.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCojiro 1/14/03 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:45 a.m.
     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 11:51 a.m.
           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 12:12 p.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouTru7h 1/9/03 1:08 p.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 5:26 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.