/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I'm Cranky and Dense
Posted By: ErnieDate: 1/11/03 7:35 a.m.

In Response To: I'm Cranky and Dense (poena.dare #CP#)

: I really don't understand what it is. It's like Durandal Terminal Browser
: only different? Does it run under Windows? Is it web based? Is it for
: Aleph One?

: As far as my fave terminal... it has to be Gheritt White .
Sorry for the lack of clarity. My Marathon Terminal Browser (i call it that just to make the distinction bettween that, and the Durandal Terminal Browser) is just a hack (using Resedit, to modifiy resources) of the Mac app called Durandal Terminal Browser. Anyone who's used DTB knows the layout, and how it lacks a full-screen mode (like the terminal browsing in Marathon itself) and it also lacks the Red Bars containing 'UESC TERM etc' in them, located at the top and bottom of the screen.

My modification of DTB are superficial. MY aim was to get a Terminal browser app that can appear to look exactly like the one built into the Marathon game, but without haing the game running itsself.

It works!. That, and I've crafted (on to the non-software side) the faceplate + raised Keypad etc using a carpet-angle cutter and a verrryy sharp exactoknife out of Styrofoam sm. (The blue stuff usually used for insulation.).

As far as the terminals go, I'll include everyones suggustions. When the final terminal is displayed in my Art class, i've rigged an Apple script, on startup to open MTB. I just navagate with my custom keypad (the underlayer of a old mac keybord's keypad) to the Merged file on the desktop to view the Terminals. (did I mention I modified an existing Kalidascope sceme to make the Mac OS ALL black w/ green 'courier' font?).

http://www.applefritter.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=hacks;action=display;num=1041298417

Heres the Applefritters Hack Forum Thread I've been at. These guys are pretty helpful too!

Thanks for everyons input!

Regards,
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

An all call out to the story forum:Ernie 1/7/03 2:23 a.m.
     Re: An all call out to the story forum:DonPistola 1/7/03 12:38 p.m.
           ...so I guess no one other than Dan has anyinput?Ernie 1/7/03 6:57 p.m.
                 I'm Cranky and Densepoena.dare #CP# 1/7/03 8:16 p.m.
                       Re: I'm Cranky and DenseHamish Sinclair 1/7/03 9:37 p.m.
                             Re: I'm Cranky and Densezudo 1/13/03 9:55 a.m.
                             Re: I'm Cranky and Densezudo 1/13/03 9:55 a.m.
                                   Re: I'm Cranky and Druggedpoena.dare #CP# 1/13/03 10:57 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm Cranky and Druggedzudo 1/13/03 12:27 p.m.
                       Re: I'm Cranky and DenseErnie 1/11/03 7:35 a.m.
                             Re: I'm Cranky an... OH MY GOD YOU ARE INSANE!!!poena.dare #CP# 1/11/03 8:40 a.m.
                                   Re: I'm Cranky an... OH MY GOD YOU ARE INSANE!!!Miguelito 1/11/03 10:18 a.m.
                                   Re: I'm Cranky an... OH MY GOD YOU ARE INSANE!!!Ernie 1/15/03 9:11 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm Cranky an... OH MY GOD YOU ARE INSANE!!!Speaker-To-Animals 1/18/03 4:50 p.m.
                 Re: ...so I guess no one other than Dan has anyinpCybergeek 1/7/03 8:27 p.m.
                       blmyrmmdnkElliott 1/7/03 9:59 p.m.
                             Re: blmyrmmdnkOfficer 19502 1/8/03 2:27 a.m.
                 Re: ...so I guess no one other than Dan has anyinpSpeaker-To-Animals 1/12/03 4:32 p.m.
                       Hangar 96. *NM*DonPistola 1/12/03 7:47 p.m.
                             Re: Hangar 96.Todd 1/13/03 12:49 a.m.
     Re: An all call out to the story forum:Ghôlsbane 1/16/03 4:56 a.m.
           Sweet. *NM*Djof 1/16/03 8:25 a.m.
     Re: An all call out to the story forum:HamburgerBoy 1/20/03 3:29 p.m.
           Re: An all call out to the story forum:Callie21V 1/21/03 4:38 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.