/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Timeline, Bob, and You
Posted By: CybergeekDate: 1/10/03 7:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Timeline, Bob, and You (Finnigan)

: There are some problems with my proposal. The primary one is the LNP
: document, but if Durandal handed muller a list and said "fix these
: dates" that could account for his dates corresponding with leela's.

: he discrepencies in your own memory could be a result of "when" you
: were activated "if" you are the Cyborg. "If" you were
: activated after Leela changed the dates, you may have been given a false
: history as memory.

occam's razor - the simplest answer is usually the most accurate one. (i.e. Yes, there /could/ have been an isolated gust of wind that *just so happened* to pick the gun up off the table, point it at him, and push the trigger in enough to fire it. But, it's /far/ more likely that someone shot 'im.)

them hypotheticals you listed is some pretty big 'uns - got any non-circumstantial grounding?

not to mention, if you're a cyborg, you could easily: a) still have a human memory that couldn't be rewritten (evidenced from that one term with the personals ads, specifically the "<20% machine" part), or b) have a mechanical brain, but STILL not have it be rewritable (ie computers, even when turned off, have the same information on their hard drives as they do when they're on).

Don't get the wrong idea - i think your stuff is quite plausible. at least, intuitively. i just enjoy playing devil's advocate, AND proof-reading (ye GODS, i need a life ;)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 9:54 a.m.
     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 10:50 a.m.
           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 11:06 a.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 11:43 a.m.
                       Steve is wrong! OK, I lied - he's right. *NM*poena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 12:18 p.m.
                             Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 12:53 p.m.
                                   Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 5:20 p.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:09 p.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 4:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCybergeek 1/10/03 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/11/03 7:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCybergeek 1/12/03 4:57 p.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 5:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 8:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 9:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 10:23 a.m.
                             Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSneakyPete 1/16/03 5:49 p.m.
                                   Just because i'm boredTodd 1/17/03 2:08 a.m.
                                         Re: Just because i'm boredFinnigan 1/17/03 4:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Just because i'm boredTodd 1/17/03 2:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just because i'm boredYossarian 1/17/03 2:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just because i'm boredCybergeek 1/17/03 3:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Just because i'm boredCybergeek 1/17/03 3:01 p.m.
                                   Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouDonPistola 1/17/03 2:35 a.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/17/03 4:43 a.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/17/03 6:28 a.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/17/03 7:35 a.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCojiro 1/14/03 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:45 a.m.
     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 11:51 a.m.
           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 12:12 p.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouTru7h 1/9/03 1:08 p.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 5:26 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.