/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Timeline, Bob, and You
Posted By: FinniganDate: 1/10/03 4:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The Timeline, Bob, and You (poena.dare #CP#)

: Hmm, ok you have stumped me. I cannot figure out a way to prove or disprove
: that assertion.

: Well, the answer is in the Bobs then. We need to ask one how many generations
: their BoB relatives go back. Assuming 40 years per generation, the answer
: will be either 1 or 7.

: As a well read sci-fi fan, 300 years for a STL colony ship seems right to
: me...

I could see it being 300 years too, but it could just as easily be 35. We don't know how fast the ship can travel, do we?

If you think about it, wouldn't it be a good thing if Leela confused the aliens as to how far away, AND how long a trip it was to Earth? More important than disrupting Earth history would be hiding the Earth if possible. Telling the aliens the trip took longer that it really did would confuse (and possibly discourage) them by misleading them as to the possible resistance they might face. Tech would probably be better and population would probably be more after greater time (barring major wars or plagues).

There are some problems with my proposal. The primary one is the LNP document, but if Durandal handed muller a list and said "fix these dates" that could account for his dates corresponding with leela's.

he discrepencies in your own memory could be a result of "when" you were activated "if" you are the Cyborg. "If" you were activated after Leela changed the dates, you may have been given a false history as memory.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 9:54 a.m.
     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 10:50 a.m.
           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 11:06 a.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 11:43 a.m.
                       Steve is wrong! OK, I lied - he's right. *NM*poena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 12:18 p.m.
                             Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 12:53 p.m.
                                   Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 5:20 p.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:09 p.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 4:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCybergeek 1/10/03 7:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/11/03 7:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCybergeek 1/12/03 4:57 p.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 5:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 8:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/10/03 9:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/10/03 10:23 a.m.
                             Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSneakyPete 1/16/03 5:49 p.m.
                                   Just because i'm boredTodd 1/17/03 2:08 a.m.
                                         Re: Just because i'm boredFinnigan 1/17/03 4:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Just because i'm boredTodd 1/17/03 2:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just because i'm boredYossarian 1/17/03 2:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just because i'm boredCybergeek 1/17/03 3:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Just because i'm boredCybergeek 1/17/03 3:01 p.m.
                                   Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouDonPistola 1/17/03 2:35 a.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/17/03 4:43 a.m.
                                         Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/17/03 6:28 a.m.
                                               Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/17/03 7:35 a.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouCojiro 1/14/03 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and Youpoena.dare #CP# 1/9/03 11:45 a.m.
     Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouSteve Levinson 1/9/03 11:51 a.m.
           Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 12:12 p.m.
                 Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouTru7h 1/9/03 1:08 p.m.
                       Re: The Timeline, Bob, and YouFinnigan 1/9/03 5:26 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.