/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thoug
Posted By: YossarianDate: 1/8/03 7:09 p.m.

In Response To: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thoughts: (Cybergeek)

: "Poor Leela. Tycho tells me she was dismantled and shipped to the
: Pfhor home world for study, along with most of the other computer
: systems aboard the Marathon."

: 'Shipped to' != delivered. if i'm in LA and i send a package to a friend in
: NY, via, say, fedex, and the truck it's being shipped in gets hijacked,
: i've STILL shipped them the package. it just isn't going where i'd hope it
: would.

"Shipped to" does not mean "delivered", even in the above reference, it never says whether or not she actually made it there. Also, you can't hijack a truck ;)

: 'course, this would have to mean that, as Chadd Nervig suggested, the
: reference to being "...trapped on alien homeworld..." refers to
: the Vylae homeworld.

"While Tau Ceti was being nuked down to bedrock in 2794, Pfhor scientists disassembled and removed the AI Leela from the Marathon, loading her aboard a vessel bound for the Pfhor homeworld. But the ship fell into the hands of a Nar privateer between jumps at Beta Naxos, and was never seen by the Pfhor again.

Thinking the cargo little more than scrap, the Nar captain sold the Pfhor ship, Leela and all, to a Vylae merchant. The subsequent crash of the Vylae FTL network when Leela was reassembled and reactivated is still legendary in the annals of rampancy, and the Vylae have long since accepted that they will never expunge her from their fifteen-world network."

That being from the M2 Final Screen...Leela never made it to pfhor prime.

Friendly tip of the day: (US residents only) FedEx can almost always beat UPS for Next Day and Second Day shipments (actually the Postal Service beats 'em both...research before you ship), but for 3 Day or Ground service, choose UPS...

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

"facts and puzzling things about: leela" thoughts:Cybergeek 1/8/03 6:46 p.m.
     Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thougYossarian 1/8/03 7:09 p.m.
           Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thougpoena.dare #CP# 1/8/03 7:22 p.m.
                 Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thougYossarian 1/9/03 4:22 p.m.
           Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thougCybergeek 1/8/03 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thougpoena.dare #CP# 1/8/03 10:32 p.m.
                       Re: "facts and puzzling things about: leela" thougCybergeek 1/9/03 7:22 p.m.
           Shipping info OTPillar 1/9/03 12:32 p.m.
                 Re: Shipping info OTYossarian 1/9/03 4:25 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.