/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Terminal Reformatting - Music
Posted By: poena.dare #CP#Date: 10/17/02 11:22 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Terminal Reformatting - Music (Steve Levinson)

: You can see how this was done by
: looking at my Rubicon Volunteers page for The Ascension Factor.

1) I don't get a controller at all. Probably because I'm on a PC and you only use an OBJECT tag. You have to use an EMBED tag to get the damned things to show up on PCs. (Quicktime plug-ins on PCs are less the reliable about these sorts of things.)

2) Since I'm just playing MP3s, not movies, PC users will get the Windows Media Player control bar by default. It sizes differently than the QuickTime controller and it takes a bunch of fiddling to make it look right for all platforms.

3) I've already got so much info crammed into that table I didn't want to sacrifice another 40-80 pixels with a controller. But this does bring me to a point...

I've been thinking about moving all the 'goodies' to appear what the start of the level's terms instead of at the top of the page. But this, too, has it's pros and cons.

My main problem is that terms for Marathon and M2 appear on pages that represent whole chapters, while, in Moo, each level gets its own page. I want to keep everything consistent as possible.

So, anyway, I'm fooling with things.

Regardless, if I change the format and have the space, I'll put a decent controller in there. Yes, I agree that people need to be able to change the volume.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Terminal Reformatting Inexorably Continuespoena.dare #CP# 10/16/02 8:36 p.m.
     Re: Terminal Reformatting Inexorably ContinuesScifiteki 10/17/02 12:15 a.m.
     Re: Terminal Reformatting Inexorably ContinuesScifiteki 10/17/02 4:28 a.m.
           My Badpoena.dare #CP# 10/17/02 6:42 a.m.
     one little question....Yossarian 10/17/02 7:12 a.m.
           Re: one little question....Hamish Sinclair 10/17/02 10:33 a.m.
     Re: Terminal Reformatting Inexorably Continueskiro69 10/17/02 8:00 a.m.
           Re: Terminal Reformatting - MusicSteve Levinson 10/17/02 10:47 a.m.
                 Re: Terminal Reformatting - Musicpoena.dare #CP# 10/17/02 11:22 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.