/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol Lady
Posted By: SeanDate: 9/20/02 8:00 p.m.

In Response To: Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol Lady (Steve Levinson)

A couple points to make here, but no direct quotes from the text (the anchors never work on the webpage for me :(

There are of course, three planks in Rubicon. Chimera, named so because it takes place on the Chimera and was once the scenario name), Pfhor, and Salinger Plank. It was once possible to play through almost EVERY level in the scenario except for the last 2 final levels of both planks (at that point you had to choose one dangit!). It wasn't until we started making huge level mergers that we realized that we needed to set a few definite points where you could switch planks, not however many we had. Soon the level flow charts became very clear (these were pieces of art, trust me). So it's not by "planning" that the jjharo levels are very similar- they were once just the same maps in between.

One more thing. Those cannons? I'm sure you remember Scott or Chris telling you that the "floating light things" that follow you in dream levels used to shot.

Tha cannons are the only ones that still shoot.

Can you imagine dealing with them in every dream level, AND HAVE THEM FOLLOW YOU RELENTLESSLY? To this day, I have vowed to one day stick clund in a giant fishtake with 20 angry navy seals with underwater rocket launchers, with orders to shoot only when he's not looking at them. Don't worry. He'll survive and come out of it with some "great new level ideas!" :)

stay tuned for the next great marathon project by the rubicon team. Rubicon 2: The Fishtank Adventures. ALL underwater! ALL like lutefisk! :)

--Sean

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol LadySteve Levinson 8/2/02 9:40 a.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol LadyScifiteki 8/2/02 6:31 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol LadyMazilurik 8/2/02 7:10 p.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol LadyScifiteki 8/2/02 7:19 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Revenge of the Lysol LadySean 9/20/02 8:00 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.