/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Long Walk off a Short Pie
Posted By: SeanDate: 9/20/02 7:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Long Walk off a Short Pie (Steve Levinson)

: : Also, who actually found the entrance to Hell Phfor You without

: I told the truth when I wrote the Rubicon Secrets Guide . As per Rule 7 in
: Tips for Finding Secrets, cheat only when you are about to go insane. I
: would have never found the entrance to Hell Pfhor You without sneaking a
: peak in Forge. The clues were all there, from the name of the level to the
: running lights on the deck of the ship, but no one had ever done something
: like that in any scenario before.

A long walk off a short pier was one another of the "early" levels. For the record, most of the levels from the "early" stages of Chimera were trashed, remade, then trashed again. I suppose if we had a "lost levels" of Chimera, it'd triple the size of the game... Or quadruple.. Scott? Chris? Thats what you get for over 4 years.

Anyway, in early versions of the level the secret term was quite easy to find- so easy the first 4 times I played it (when we still had filler text and it didn't look like a secret terminal) I thought Hell Pfhor You was the next planned level.

It also used to be possible to get stuck outside the ship and not be teleported :(

When we were building the levels level by level and testing them, we'd always have to have ammo dumps right where the player starts. This and a lack of final physics model enabled us to have a lot of fun with various aspects of the game.. Rocket hopping where you shouldn't have been able to and the like (like into and out of the juggy hanger on this level :)

--Sean

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Long Walk off a Short PierSteve Levinson 7/26/02 3:06 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Long Walk off a Short PieInverted Sock Puppet 7/27/02 11:20 p.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Long Walk off a Short PieSteve Levinson 7/28/02 1:04 a.m.
                 Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Long Walk off a Short PieSean 9/20/02 7:23 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.