/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Accck! Wrong!
Posted By: Claude ErreraDate: 6/4/02 2:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Accck! Wrong! (REB)

: 1. The subject of your respond was: Hate blinds... You're calling me
: "blind," a person that has a wrong opinion due to it's lack of
: comprehension. You're also saying that you hate people like me, which is
: the same as saying I hate you.

This is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start.

Saying someone is blinded by something is not the same thing as saying someone is blind. It means that they're missing something due to preconceptions. Your posts are full of bitterness towards Bungie for its choice to develop for the Xbox - so much so, in my opinion, that you're missing the important stuff. (Stuff like, they're still in business. Stuff like, they're still making great games. Stuff like, Mac/PC users can still enjoy Bungie products while using the computer of their choice.) That doesn't say you're blind - just that you've closed your eyes to one aspect of the situation.

I never said, ANYWHERE, that I hate you, or people like you - nor did I imply it. (I don't know you well enough to hate you - and given what I DO know, I can't see where that hate would come from.)

: 2. You wrote: I'm always glad when folks with lots of inside information
: about the running of Bungie post to these forums - it enlightens us all.

: "I'm always glad..." You're being sarcastic. The meaning is the
: opposite.

: "...when folks with lots of inside information about the running of
: Bungie..." I don't work at Bungie, therefore I don't have inside
: information. I ignore what really happened. I'm an ignorant.

: "...post to these forums - it enlightens us all." Again, the
: meaning is the opposite.

: Translation: "I always hate when ignorant people post to these forums -
: it makes us all feel bad."

: I would have expect such words from anybody but you. Review the message you
: replied to (http://forums.bungie.org/story/?read=12605) You'll find
: something in there that may surprise you - or even make you feel ashamed.

Not even a little bit. Go back and read what that line was in response to. Here, lemme help:

You sound like you got a point, but you don't. Alex didn't sold Bungie to MS because of economical problems - he took advantage of all the hipe around Halo to sell the company to a giant corporation and make a lot of money.
You cannot make this statement without intimate inside knowledge of Bungie's finances. You don't have this knowledge - neither do I. However, what I do know contradicts this completely - and further, what you say implies (nay, it states, unequivocally) that Alex is a money-grubbing worm who doesn't give a damn about the people who buy his games. I don't know him well... but I know him. And that doesn't fit the profile.

Your comment wasn't expressed as an opinion based in any fact I've seen - it was a bitter judgement of Alex's behavior based on... I don't know what. As such, it was beneath the discussion - you left the realm of gaming platforms and stooped to an unwarranted personal attack. I was expressing my disappointment.

This conversation should stop now. It's so far off-topic that I can't imagine it holding the interest of forumgoers - and all sorts of unpleasant feelings are being created unnecessarily. (You've attributed emotions far in excess of reality to my statements - and responded to the inflated versions, rather than the spirit of my words. Rather than arguing about the merits of Bungie's business decisions, we're arguing about whether or not I said I hate you... and that's silly.)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Poll: The Baddest Villain(s)?REB 6/1/02 10:49 p.m.
     LOLHamish Sinclair 6/2/02 2:37 a.m.
           a pox, a pox, give us a pox!(the)Street Mime 6/2/02 6:16 p.m.
           seriously thoughCpt. Sqweky 6/2/02 6:18 p.m.
                 Re: seriously thoughCpt. Sqweky 6/2/02 6:23 p.m.
                       Accck! Wrong!REB 6/2/02 8:35 p.m.
                             Re: Accck! Wrong!Claude Errera 6/2/02 9:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Accck! Wrong!Djof 6/2/02 10:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Accck! Wrong!M-Class 6/3/02 12:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Accck! Wrong!REB 6/2/02 11:00 p.m.
                                         Re: Accck! Wrong!Mark Levin 6/2/02 11:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Accck! Wrong!REB 6/3/02 12:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: Accck! Wrong!Jacke 6/3/02 6:23 a.m.
                                                           Re: Accck! Wrong!REB 6/3/02 12:49 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Accck! Wrong!Claude Errera 6/3/02 1:27 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Accck! Wrong!REB 6/4/02 1:24 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Accck! Wrong!Claude Errera 6/4/02 2:42 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Accck! Wrong!REB 6/4/02 4:29 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Accck! Wrong!Hamish Sinclair 6/4/02 8:34 a.m.
                                                                                   A solution!Jacke 6/4/02 4:38 a.m.
                                                                                         BWAHAHAHA LOL dink blam! *NT*D-M.A. 6/4/02 4:49 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Accck! Wrong!Jacke 6/3/02 4:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Accck! Wrong!Cpt. Sqweky 6/3/02 12:21 a.m.
                                               Re: Accck! Wrong!REB 6/3/02 12:40 a.m.
                                                     Re: Accck! Wrong!Cpt. Sqweky 6/3/02 9:30 p.m.
                                         Hate blinds...Claude Errera 6/3/02 6:38 a.m.
                       Finishes thinking...Smasher 6/2/02 9:48 p.m.
                             Re: Finishes thinking...Johannes Gunnar 6/3/02 4:57 a.m.
                                   Re: Finishes thinking...Jacke 6/3/02 6:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Finishes thinking...Cpt. Sqweky 6/3/02 9:41 p.m.
                       heh :)Miguel Chavez 6/3/02 9:19 p.m.
                             Re: heh :)Gh™lsbane 6/7/02 9:11 a.m.
                                   Re: heh :)Miguel Chavez 6/7/02 12:02 p.m.
                                         Re: heh :)Gh™lsbane 6/7/02 1:43 p.m.
                                               Re: heh :)Claude Errera 6/7/02 9:03 p.m.
                                                     Re: heh :)Gh™lsbane 6/8/02 1:34 a.m.
     Re: Poll: The Baddest Villain(s)?archon 6/2/02 7:42 p.m.
     Re: Poll: The Baddest Villain(s)?M-Class 6/3/02 12:46 p.m.
     Re: Poll: The Baddest Villain(s)?Alfred Mordeir 6/3/02 8:09 p.m.
           Re: Poll: The Baddest Villain(s)?REB 6/4/02 4:32 a.m.
     Baddest Villain(s) Poll ResultsREB 6/9/02 3:30 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.