/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger Discount
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/31/02 9:18 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger Discount (Inverted Sock Puppet)

: One of my favourite levels of the scenario.

Mine too.

: he did???

The shortcut is to simply jump down to the ledge from the overlook above rather than going through the air shafts and jumping across. It's very, very obvious if you take the time to look around. But then Durandal doesn't exactly have eyes, does he? He can only see what he has from the schematics he downloads, what he picks up from internal sensors and cameras, and what you see.

: What the??

The key card you need to find is on the same side of the bridge as where you start. It's still worth while crossing the bridge, but not necessary.

: Ahhh!!! I obviously haven't played this game long enough.

You mean about the SPNKR? The path to getting it on Honk is outlined in the Spoiler Guide and more clearly outlined in my Rubicon Secrets Guide, but you should be able to figure this one out if you make sure to look around, open all doors and take a look in map mode. Oh, and be sure not to jump down anywhere until you've gotten that SPNKR!

: Yes, shamefully I had to use the spoiler guide to find out about the
: crate hopping :( Very tricky.

A lot of people had trouble with this one. It's really pretty standard fare in other Marathon scenarios - just a little more devilishly implemented here.

: I think the Rubicon team can do whatever they want. It's their
: scenario, let them tell their own story. It's a damn good one!

Agreed!

: Umm, if you don't pick up the chip, but you walk around it anr read
: the terminal you get a message from Haller saying something along
: the lines of: 'You don't seem to have much control over your own
: destiny.' I'll check in the game and post back later. I thought everyone
: knew about this?

Thanks, I did know about this one and forgot to mention it here. There is a general rule of thumb in Marathon (at least if you want to find secret messages) - always read terminals before and after doing anything that alters your inventory or activates anything - and that includes terminals you may have visited some time before (more on that later).

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger DiscountSteve Levinson 5/30/02 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger DiscountInverted Sock Puppet 5/31/02 4:27 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger DiscountInverted Sock Puppet 5/31/02 7:33 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger DiscountSteve Levinson 5/31/02 9:18 a.m.
     - Five Finger Discount *architaking up space*Tru7h 5/31/02 3:26 p.m.
           Crap!!!Tru7h 5/31/02 3:29 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger DiscountSteve Levinson 6/28/02 11:10 p.m.
     Re: Rubicon Volunteers - Five Finger DiscountSteve Levinson 10/9/02 4:15 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.